___

ILYSB / LANY

"I had to find my boyfriend butt ass naked with another man, Connor. I loved him so much."

Connor hugged his friend's frail body. "But you weren't in love with him," Connor mumbled into Troye's ear, trying to calm him down from his hysteria.

Troye let out a choked sob. "What's the difference? It takes two to be in love, yeah? Thanks for reminding me, buddy."

"No. You loved Tyler. You loved, or love, how he made you laugh and his smile or eyes. But you weren't in love. You didn't want to be with him forever and take bullets for him and raise children or travel or know him completely. Being in love is strength and courage and beauty."

Connor realized he was passionately grabbing Troye's shoulders. Talking about love got him going.

"For a guy that's never even been in a relationship, you know a lot about this."

Connor thought about that while staring at Troye's face. He thought of their trip to the amusement park. How scared Troye was. How he grabbed Connors hand. How they didn't look at their phones. How they didn't want to stop talking or being in each other's company. How it hurt so much when Troye left. How Connor felt like he was on a date. How Connor felt like he was in love. Maybe Connor was about to cross a line. Troye was just broken up. He was his best friend. But Connor finally felt like he could say it.

"I am in love."

Troye looked shocked, "With who?"

"You."