.

I Hate U I Love U (feat. Olivia O'Brien) / Gnash

-1 MONTH LATER-

Connor was destroyed. He acted as though it wasn't killing him, but slowly it was rubbing away the pulse of his heart.

Seeing Troye go back to Tyler, so soon. Seeing Troye show up at his house at one, drunk, yelling about how he was "confused and sorry." But Connor was more confused and more sorry and more hurt. And Troye couldn't realize that. It was as I he had on blinders. Connor had bags under his eyes and red in his cheeks, but Troye only saw "the other one."

Connor felt his heart break every time Troye texted him, asking if he wanted to get Indian food, as friends, because Tyler doesn't like Indian food, but you do. And Connor was always busy. Busy in his room, listening to Oh Wonder and thinking about how hopeless he was and how he would never find love.

He replayed the kisses in his mind until it became blurry and the CD was scratched. He didn't eat much, only junk food and a daily coffee. But the coffee didn't taste as good. The moment wasn't as real. He saw memories at every turn.

He wondered if he would ever get better.

He knew Troye would never love him again.

Connor, can we get coffee or something?

Troye had texted Connor multiple times, but Connor didn't know how to respond. But deep down, Connor knew. More than missing the boy he loved, he missed the boy who was his best friend.

Sure.