Introduction (Grey)

A/N: If there are any mistakes please point them out so I can fix them. Thank you.

I'm five years old, sitting in this court room. I'm wearing my dress pants and a black shirt with a white button up shirt over it. My sister is wearing a black dress with polka dots on it. I see her eyes watering. She has make-up on. Her lips are a shade of pink.

She glances down at me. She gives me a smile. She acts so strong in front of me. I can tell she wants to cry though. I turn and see my mom in a regular black dress.

My dad is being framed for murder. I know it wasn't him. He was with me, but I have no proof since sister and mom were running errands.

My sister is currently eleven. She has blonde hair and light blue eyes.

Next thing I know, I hear the judge say my dad's guilty. I feel my eyes start watering. My sister grips my hand. I look at her. I see her tears slowly escaping her eyes.

I stand up and run to my dad. I wrap my arms around his waist. My dad bends down and stares at me in my eyes. Holding my shoulders. He smiles at me.

"Hey, little one. It's okay Daddy will be fine. Please stop crying, before you know it I'll be back." he takes his thumb and wipes my eyes "you have sister and mom." I look back at my sister as she's on the ground in tears.

I hug him "Don't go... " I practically mumble "We need you. I love you daddy."

"I love you to little one... "

**5 years later***

It's been five years since then. After this happened my mom told us to go to the park. Sister didn't say anything for two years. She barely talks now. Which isn't good since we have to communicate, seeing as she's taking care of me.

After we got back from the park, we were left with the house and a note saying our mom moved on and abandoned us for a new family. So, now my sister takes care of me.

After this my sister was kinda acting out, she didn't know what to do, or to think.

I walk out and see my sister leaning against a pole in her uniform. A red plaid skirt and a white button up shirt with a little red bow. Her hair is in a ponytail with a red bow also.

I smile as she sees me. She gives me a smile. I run up to her and grab her hand. The walk home is silent.

"Sister?" I say breaking the silence "um... How was school?"

She smiles "it was peachy."

I know exactly what that means. She had a horrible day. My sister doesn't have any friends. She doesn't like when people stick their nose in her personal business. She rather be a loner.

The first few months of being without mom. She forgot to pick me up. The school had to call. I hated her at that time, I don't anymore. She's used to coming to get me. She does the same routine everyday. Goes to school, Comes to pick me up, home, work.

We make it home and I go to my room. I change into boxers and a tanktop. I grab my bag. I pull my homework down. I sit on the couch with my homework in front of me. Sister goes to her room. She comes out in shorts and a tanktop.

The first thins she does when she comes home is start making dinner. She immediately starts cooking as I do my homework. I look at my sister. I can tell she's thinking about mom and dad. She's really stressed. I know she loves me, but she can't take care of me. I know it hurts her that she can't raise me how a kid should be raised.

She cries alot. Soon I'll hear crying. If not now then later when she goes to her room. I hate how I can't console her. She's all I have left. I can't even help her.

I frown. I look back down and continue doing my homework. I soon turn and look at my sister again. She's sitting at the counter and drinking water, I can see her face now. She's not crying.

"Sis?" I say, softly. Getting off the couch.

"What's up?" she says, looking at me now.

"I need help," I say, gathering my papers up. I sit beside her. The truth is, I don't really need help, I just hope it will get her mind off of things.

She smiles. "Okay." She lookd at the paper and starts helping me.

After a few minutes pass. She grabs out two plates. I grab a couple forks from the drawer and put them on the table. She grabs the pan with food and starts putting food on the plates. We sit down at the table and eat our food. It's a quiet dinner.

After dinner, we sit on the couch. She grabs the remote and turns the tv on. I lay my head on her lap. She plays with my hair. I stare at her face.

She always looks sad. She needs to grow up. I was five and I'm better and I'm ten. She was ten and now fifteen. Is it that hard to handle?

"Grey" she mumbles. "Why do I suck at this?"

I look at her confused "suck at what?"

She smirks "everything. Coping with the fact our parents left us and will never come back, taking care of you, school, keeping myself in place and not getting in trouble." her voice cracks and I can hear she wants to cry "why do I suck at life?"

I feel myself crying "it's hard, your dealing with alot. I understand that. I don't think you suck. You haven't had time to properly cope. It's okay." I lift up and hug her.

She hugs me tightly. I feel her tears drip down on my hair. My sister is trying to hide that she's crying. She always tries to hide her feelings when I'm around. She silently cries. After a couple minutes I feel myself drift to sleep.

Yes, we've been through alot, but I know, we will always love and have each other, no matter what happens.