Chapter 8

Cecilia p.o.v.

Jack left to go check on his sister. She's at some party.

I'm glad Jack is my friend. I don't know if I want him to be though. It's hard. Me trying to avoid getting hurt is only going to hurt him.

Ugh, I'm apprehensive about my feelings toward everything. Can I flip a coin? Oh my. I sound like a little kid. I lay on the couch and bury my head in the couch. I'm... So... Done. I can't take it.

So much pain. So hard to cope. Where's my brother? Why doesn't he want to be with me? Is it really best for him to be there? I trust Jack to protect him. Don't I?

Wait...

I jump up. I actually trust someone. I trust someone with my little brother. How? For some reason. Knowing Jack is with Grey. Makes me feel better about him leaving. No, I can't. Do I actually trust him? No. I don't. Right? Fuck.

I hear my phone ring. I want to be alone so I can think. I have school tomorrow. I hate life. I bury my face in the couch. I feel my eyes slowly close. I just want to sleep.

The next morning I'm still on the couch. I hear my alarm on my phone going off. I turn it off and go to my room.

I leave my room. "Grey!" I yell.

Then I remember. I sigh and run my hands over my face.

I do my usual morning routine. I make sure I look good then head to school. I make sure I actually go the path to school instead of to Grey's school.

I see Jack waiting at the school gates. Of course. Then there's Leslie and Ace. Are they a couple?

"Hey Cece." Jack says.

"Hi." I say. I do a little wave.

I walk by him and go to my locker. I can hear him following. I open my locker as Jack goes on and on about who knows what.

"Grey, was so scared." Is all I hear him say.

"Wait, what about Grey?" I say.

"Weren't you listening?" He ask. Crossing his arms in a poutful manner.

"No, I wasn't." I say, honestly.

"Basically your mom and my dad was arguing over how out of control Chelsie was because yesterday when I got her from the party she was messed up. High like really high. I held Grey, he was terrified. Chelsie kind of hid in a corner after she changed into proper clothes and cleaned her face. Todd and Lizzy were in my room. Them yelling was not helping her feel better. I was just trying to keep the younger kids from it. I tried distracting them."

I want Grey to live with me again. Is it really better over there? Please let him be safe. Please don't be abusing my precious younger brother. I don't want him hurt.

"How is your sister?" I ask.

"Horrible, my parents are getting her help. They're even making her break up with her boyfriend. She fought at first, but you know, it was hopeless." He says. Letting out a sigh.

How is he so open? He probably never got told shut up after talking about his problems. No one ever silenced him. Everyone loved Jack at this school. I won't ever do that to him.Leslie and Ace turned the corner.

Brittany walked up.  "Hey ugly's" She says

I decide I'm safer to just shut up.

"Ugly bitch." She says to me. Then walks away.

I see Leslie look at me. Sympathetically. Jack is staring straight forward. He's upset. He shouldn't have to deal with bullying. He had way to much going on all ready. He doesn't need these kind of things bringing him down. I wish I could help him. I don't want to see him hurt. Wait.