Chapter 4

A/N: Picture of Jack, but the hair is  a little shorter.

Ace takes me home after we're all done talking. Leslie never showed up. Ace said she was nervous about seeing me after all she's done. Your friend betrays you so you automatically wanna be best friends with the girl you always bullied. That's exactly how it goes.

After I'm home I use my key to unlock my door.

"Grey, I'm home." I say, out of habit. I hear no response.

I look around and notice all the lights are off. I flick the living room lights on and go to Grey's room. Please, just be asleep.

He's not there. They must've left already. I feel my eyes water. I turn his light off. I lay on the couch. I stare at the ceiling.

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I repeat this... Over and over and over again.

I get up. I go to the kitchen and grab the ice cream out. I scoop out the ice cream and put it in a separate bowl.

I go to the couch and watch tv. Eating the ice cream. I grab my phone and check my work schedule.

It's so quiet and lonely here without Grey. That's when I immediately start thinking. Didn't Ace hear the whole conversation I had with him? He didn't mention it at all. His friends didn't ask about my family. Did he tell them not to? I laugh at myself. Of course he didn't. His friends don't care about me at all. I'm just the plus one, the quiet girl nobody talks to.

I continue watching and eating the ice cream when my phone rings. Ugh, why can't I be alone?!

I look at my phone and the number is unknown. I answer it.

"Hello." I say, mouthful of ice cream.

"CECILIA!!!!!" I hear someone screech.

I get scared and fall off the couch throwing my phone.

I grab my phone and say annoyed "how'd you get my number?"

"I asked around." He says, calmly.

So he does know how to noy scream at people.

I hang up on him. I can imagine his reaction and I laugh. My phone rings again and I answer. I hold the phone away from my ear.

"Hello?"

"CECILIA!!!!!"

"Yes?"

"Doesn't work twice, shouldve known."

"Yeah."

"I wanted to make sure this was your number, byeee."

He hangs up after that. I put my phone down. I continue eating my ice cream.

I miss Grey. What am I supposed to do in the mornings? After school? At least he won't be alone when I'm at work. I sigh. I don't have work today.

Grey p.o.v.

I sit in the passenger seat of my mom's car. A new family. Wow. All my life I thought sister was my only family. She hid these people from me. Why though? For my 'own good'.

She doesn know whats good for me. She wanted to keep me in a place where we had no money, barely any food. She didn't even talk to me that much. Mom will be much more talkative. Maybe there was a reason sister wanted me to say. Probably not, she just hates mom for leaving us.

"Are you excited?" My mom ask as we drift down the road.

"Yeah." I say "I'm sure I'll be happy with you."