Chapter 11

I had work today. So here I am. In the office. With my boss the pervert. Randy. Sitting in a chair across from his desk.

"So... Cecilia." he says.

"Yes?" I say. In the nicest tone possible.

"I have been observing everything and everybody. I realize you are really good with customers."

"And?"

"I feel like you deserve a raise."

"Oh my gosh... Seriously?" I ask.

He nods and I smile.

"Keep up the good work. You're now being paid 16 dollars an hour."

I smile and leave his office.

I'm sitting in the break room when Cheyenne walks in.

She's really bitchy towards me. I wouldn't be surprised if she gave birth to Brittany. But, she claims that giving birth will ruin her figure. Honestly, she's like a stick. Giving birth would help her. Oh yeah. Cheyenne like 25. Isn't that ridiculous. How does a 25 year old be mean to a 16. year old like seriously? Crazy.

"Hey Cecilia." She says, with an attitude.

"Find a man yet?" I ask.

"Nope. You?" She says. She looks at me.

"I don't date. Dating ends in heartbreak. I've had enough of that." I say. I look at her.

"Hmm? Wow Cece. That's a good reason not to date. You wouldn't be able to get a man anyway." She does a laugh. She turns and starts making herself coffee.

"Yeah look who's talking, stick." I get up. I stop at the door. I turn and look at her. "Also... I got a raise. How do you feel now?" I leave.

I walk out. I go to the cash register I'm assigned to. I turn the light on and wait.

Soon people start coming. For a girl I'm pretty fast at scanning. I'm honestly probably the fastest scanner here. I can scan pretty fast without breaking your eggs. Now we don't have many fast baggers. So they're barely able to keep up with my speed.

I feel my phone start vibrating in my back pocket. Okay, there is only one person in this world that actually calls me, that annoying person is Jack. He calls me... At. The. Worst. Possible. Time. Literally. He called me in school once. Yes, he goes to the same school as me! He called me during school. I literally sat there like what the fuck. My ringer was on that day too. Whole class.

I have to admit though. He's pretty cool to have around. He's that serious... But jokey character in a movie or book. You always have to have a friend like that. Also, he can make a bad day so much better. Just by talking to you. He worries me sometimes though. Im afraid he's to nice and someone's going to walk all over him. Honestly. If he likes you and considers you a friend, he would literally do whatever you want him to just to make you happy. I'm being dead ass serious. He would probably jump off a bridge to make you happy. I would honestly never tell him to do something like that. He would do it for someone though. He's a good friend. He likes making people happy and I like seeing him happy. I always know I can go to him for anything. That's a good feeling. To have someone always there for you.

I realized I finish scanning the items and snap myself out of my thoughts.

"Would that be all?" I ask.

The lady nods.

"50.79"

She hands me her card and I scan it. I give it back to her. I grab the receipt. I give it to her.