Chapter 23

A/N: memory of you by feeding her to the sharks.

The doctor said I need the surgery. I'm going into it now.

I watch the doctors hovering over me as one of the sticks my arm with a needle. I slowly drift to sleep.

Grey p.o.v.

I sit in the waiting room with Jack, Ace, Leslie and Chelsie. I'm sitting on Chelsie's lap. Jack continues pacing. Ace is sleeping and Leslie is now returning with drinks and snacks. She hands us all a bag of chips and a drink.

I open the chips and eat them.

Chelsie looks worried. Which kind of surprises me. Surgery is a serious thing, but they didn't know each other that well. Maybe she's worried about Jack. He obviously hasn't been sleeping. Or he's stressed. Maybe both.

"I'm sure she's gonna survive." Leslie says "She's strong. She'll be okay."

"Yeah my sister won't let this bring her down. She's been through alot. This is the least of her worries." I say, trying to stay positive.

"Pain gives her a reason not to survive. She wouldn't survive just to escape it all." Jack says.

"Way to be positive..." Chelsie mumbles.

"Death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem." Ace says.

"She wouldn't leave me!" I shout. "Sister wouldn't leave me to live by myself."

"You have us... So you wouldn't be by yourself." Jack says.

"She's gonna live! So shut up and believe that she'll get through it. Gosh, you're aggravating."

Jack says nothing.

The rest of the time is quiet. Everyone managed to sleep. Except Jack and me. I'm in my own chair now. Jack is still pacing. I'm staring at nothing.

***

Cecilia is out of surgery and we're all chilling in her room. Some girl with blue hair came today.

"Hey, I brought flowers." She says, Smiling. "I'm Alaia everyone."

Jack is staring out the window. He's out of it. Chelsie is chilling by him. Im sitting on the bed. Ace and Leslie are sitting in chairs.

"Just place them on that desk." I tell her.

She does.

"How is she?" She ask.

"Passed out. We're waiting for her to wake up." I say.

"If she wakes up." Jack mumbles.

"She will." I say, angrily.

"Don't get your hopes up."

"He's not thinking straight." I tell her.

Her face grow sad. She goes over.

"Jack, I'm sure she's okay. She had to of survived it. She wouldn't do anything to cause you pain."

"She's worth the pain. I told her that once. She cried. I told her... I would never leave her side. No matter what... If she pushed me away... Or caused me pain. She's worth it." He says. Staring out the window.

I hear a noise and turn towards Sister. Her eyes are slowly opening. I smile.

"SISTER!" I shout, hugging her.

I look at Jack and he's looking over. I see Alaia now looking at us.

Jack comes and hugs her. He then starts kissing her. I smile. He pulls back. I hear Alaia leave. I look over and see her glance back. She frowns and then continues leaving. I wonder if she liked Jack. Sorry. He's taken.