Chapter 14

A few minutes later she knocks and Grey opens it.

"Hi." He says.

Then goes back to the kitchen. I'm on the couch eating candy. She sits by me. She grabs my hand.

"It's about Brittany."

I look towards her "what about her?" I sigh. I pull my hand back.

"She... Shes been spreading rumors. It's not good."

"She's spread thousands of rumors. With the help of you."

Alright, I know I sound rude, but like I said I'm not the type to forgive and forget. Just because I accept your apology, doesn't mean I forgive you. This girl doesn't seem to understand.

"I know. But it's... It's really bad."

"Worse then being called a slut?" I say. I look at the TV.

"Sorry about that..." She mumbles, But this could ruin your friendships."

"Obviously, it's not if your here." I eat more candy.

"Because I know it's a lie!" She says.

I sigh. "What's the rumor?" I ask. Continuing eating candy.

"She said..." she turns towards the kitchen. She lowers her voice "she claims that your using Jack...and apparently your just going to hurt him."

"Wow..." I mumble.

Well. At least he has Alaia. I stare at the TV.

"Cecilia, this could ruin you." She says.

"I know..." I look at her.

I feel her hug me.

He loves me though. He wouldnt believe this rumor. Would he? I knew it. Nothing good ever happens to me.

"I'm sure he doesnt believe the rumors. Jack is smart. If I know Jack he won't leave you. Okay? He'll at least ask you first."

"You can go now. If you want." I mumble.

"I'll see you at school." She says.

She gets up. She grabs her purse. She leaves. I sigh.

"It's done..." Grey says.

I turn and look. I get up. I walk to the table. "Looks good and smells good."

I sit down and start eating.

"So, I was thinking." Grey says. "You know how you hate leaving me alone."

"Yeah..."  I look at him as he eats his food.

"Maybe Jack or Chelsie could watch me. Or one of your other friends. They seen nice and... Yeah."

"Maybe... I don't want them to watch you for free and we don't really have extra money to give. Also they might be to busy."

"True, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind. I mean I'm not that hard to take care of."

"Thats a matter of opinion."

"Hey!" he says acting offended "I'm easier then you." He says sticking his tongue out.

"Touche." I say with a smile.

We laugh.

After dinner... Grey goes to his room. I decide to go sleep. Another sleepless night. I sit on the couch and start going through the bills. Maybe I should get rid of cable.

****

Now of course I got no sleep. I was to worried about Jack hearing the rumors and just... Leaving me before I do, which I won't and do not intend to.

Instead I tried to take my mind off of it by going through the bills and seeing if I could pay them.

I go to my room and get ready for school.

I had to wake Grey up earlier because his school is farther then usually. I get him there earlier than usual and head off to my school.

I go in and see Brittany. She smirks.

I open my locker and papers fall out. Multiple papers. I bend down and look at some of them. Come on now. She's done worse. This doesn't even hurt as much. I pick them up and throw them away. When I walk back to my locker I see a letter.

I open it and read it.

Jack will leave you... I told you I always get what I want...

-Brittany!

The exclamation point bothers me more then it should. I crumble the ball up and throw it somewhere. Seriously, what did I do to make her hate me this much? Maybe I should ask her. I look around and don't see her. Or not.

Jack p.o.v.

I heard the rumors. I've been trying so hard not to believe them. It's hard though. I guess I never knew the fear of losing someone till now.

Is this what Cecilia feels? This painful, feeling. Having the fear of losing someone you lov?. I don't like it. I guess I should talk to Cecilia. I'm scared though. Scared of what she gonna say.

Okay, I need to believe what she says. I tell myself.

I turn and see her going through her locker. Grabbing the things she needs for her before lunch classes. I could definitely tell she would never want to hurt me. I'm about to approach her when I see her open a note and hear a voice behind me.

"How could she?" I turn to see Brittany.

"What?"

"Oh, have you not heard the rumors."

"The one where she apparently gonna leave me? Yeah I-"

"You haven't heard the other one she started spreading."

"What?"

"I've heard... That she told one of her work buddies that you don't look like your the dating type and she finds you really annoying."

"Cece... Said that."

Brittany nods. "Im sorry, you had to hear it from me... You know what's worse."

"What?"

"She would probably lie and say she didn't do any of those things. And say she won't ever leave you. The lies people say these days."

"I... I dont-"

"No one ever thinks Cecilia would do those things because of this whole 'I'm so hurt and lonely and sad. I'm so broken my life is horrible' facade she has. I know the truth though. She's a horrible person. She's hurt alot of people."

"Has she hurt you?" I ask.

I see her face expression go from normal to hurt. Her eyes start watering.

She looks away. "More then you could ever imagine."

Brittany walks away. I should talk to Cecilia.

A/N: What do you think Cecilia did to Brittany? The chapter was way longer but I split it up. This was part of Chapter 13. I decide to split it into two parts.