Chapter Six

Talking with Logan helped a lot. He was a funny guy and I learned a lot about him to. Like his favorite color was blue or his favorite subject in school was science. Nerd I know. He can't stand the smell of onions, then again no one can, and his favorite ice cream is rocky road just like mine.

When we all finished packing the u-haul truck we all climbed into Steve's BMW X5. Fancy right? But he's able to afford all that because he's a lawyer. I wonder what kind of car Logan has, if he even has one. It took about fifteen minutes to get to the new house and I hate to admit it but it was nice.

It looked like a mini mansion. It was two story's high and had a huge garage door all the way to the right. There was a big glass window located on the left. The door was located next to the window. It also had a porch with a bench swing. Mom said there were five bedrooms and four baths. I think I could get use to this.

Steve started handing boxes to us, giving the small light weigh boxes to us, and giving Logan the heavy ones.

"That look's heavy. Need some help?" I offered Logan.

He shook his head making his black hair fall into his eyes. He was so cute. Wait? Did I just say that? I shook my head fiercely as if it would erase that thought. Seriously what is wrong with me?

"It's not as heavy as it looks," he said with a groan.

I laughed at his stupidity of trying to act all macho.

"What?" he asked confused.

"You're just stupid. Your letting your pride get in the way of letting a girl help you."

"It's not pride. I just don't want you to hurt yourself."

I rolled my eyes. Logan wanted to laugh and if he did then he would end up dropping the box and get an ear full from my mom. I'm pretty sure he knew it to.

"Hayley!" my mom shouted sounding aggravated. She was standing by the u-haul truck and waving frantically at me to come over there and grab another box. I was so tired and hungry and in pain. My hands were sore and had a few cuts on them and my arms were red from the boxes. "Stop lolly gagging and start helping!"

"I am," I groaned. Now I was annoyed.

"You keep talking to Logan and making him slow down on his work. That's not helping." She handed me another box, "Now go."

On the side of the box in big black letters were the words Hayley's Room;Bed Stuff. I was helping putting boxes in the house that I didn't even get a chance to see where my room was. Hopefully it wasn't small like my old room. The only thing that made my old room look big was because Carrie and I had painted it purple.

I still remember that day. Mom had bought the paint for me and kept asking if she wanted me to help. I said no telling her that Carrie and I could handle it. In the end we had more paint on ourselves then we did on the wall.

I found Logan in the kitchen drinking water. I think now would probably a good time to ask him if he knew where my room was.

"Logan?"

"What?"

I walked into the kitchen and went to sit on the bar stool that was by the island. I sat down on the opposite side of where Logan was standing. I smiled at him. He was so cute. I wonder what it would be like to kiss him. I shook my head. I really need stop thinking like that. He was going to be my step brother! I was going to be living with him! Things could get complicated.

He looked at me cautiously afraid of what I was going to say.

"Will you show me where my room is? I kinda have to put my blankets away."