Epilogue

Logan and I had talked about how we were going to make this work at the wedding. We decided to not tell our parents right away but in a week or two we’d tell them. Boy, when we did tell them, they both went a little pale. But they didn’t seem to be surprised by it. I guess they saw it coming. Now they kept a very close eye on us. I hardly went into Logan’s room and he hardly came into mine except for when I had a nightmare which was rare but still happened occasionally.

I thought it would be great one last time to come to Carrie’s grave. Maybe this would help me get some closure. Logan had offered to come with me and I was glad he did to because I don’t think I could dot his without him.

Gently, I placed the bouquet of flowers in front of her headstone. I didn’t feel like I was going to cry but I did feel a sharp sting of pain. This was my best friend after all. She always would be.

I can’t tell you how many times I went back and read that letter. Being with Logan made me see things a little differently. He was a constant reminder that life goes on. Honestly, I needed that.

We both would be graduating from high school in the spring and I’ve got to say I’m pretty excited. Logan thought it would be nice to go to the same college and get an apartment somewhere close by. We don’t know where we want to go to college yet but I think I know what I want to do. I think I want to help kids like Carrie and be able to make a difference in their lives. No one should feel the pain of losing a friend to suicide.

I still talked to Carrie’s parents and even Shawn. Turns out that after he graduated he decided to go to some college in New York. I don’t know what he was majoring in but he seemed to like it there. I still talked to Becca and Chris every now and then but hardly. Ever since Becca and Logan broke up she seemed to be a little different. Sure she smiled at me in the hallways but she wasn’t the same. A few weeks later after their brake up she and her family moved to the City.

“Ready to go?” Logan asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

I looked up at his smiling face. “I think so.”

He intertwined his hand in mine. He turned around making his way to the open gates. As we walked away I looked back at her grave one last time.

The flowers seemed to already be dying from grief. A strong gust of wind blew by, blowing away a little bit of flower petals. Her grave stone looked dark and lonely. I smiled in spite of my sadness. It wasn’t the end of the world. I had everything I needed. I just had to make the best of it.

______________________________________________________________________

THE END!!! Yay. I finished my first book. Haha usually every time I write a story I never finish it so I’m proud of myself lol. I just want to say thanks to everyone who read this story all the way through :)