Chapter Three

The drive back home was absolutely silent. After my run in with Luke I was upset. I was more embarrassed because Logan was there. My mom could tell something was bothering and upsetting me when I came back from the bathroom. She tried asking me what was wrong and I told her it was just upset about Carries death. She bought it.

I dragged my feet all the way to my room and collapsed onto my bed. I kicked off my high heels and buried my face into a pillow. Of course I was burying my face into my dead best friend's pillow that she left here when she spent the night about a week ago. It all came rushing back.

"Hayley! You'll never believe who asked me out on a date!"

Carrie was sitting at the foot of the bed eating the chocolate chip cookies that my mom had made and brought up to us.

"Let me guess! Jeremy?!"

"YES!!!" she exploded into laughter.

It felt good to talk to my friend again. Ever since her parents told her that they we're getting a divorce she completely changed. She changed the style of her clothes, her attitude and everything else about herself. She use to have honey colored hair that everyone loved and she died it black. I asked her why she had done it and she said she was tired of everyone telling her to never die her hair because it would ruin it and it looked better with the aqua blue that was in her bangs.

"So how did he ask you?"

"Okay I was walking out of detention and was texting on my phone when someone grabbed my arm. I turned around and Jeremy told me that he liked me and that he had wanted to ask me out for the longest time but he was to shy to do it. But he didn't want to regret not telling me and it was either now or never."

"What did you say?"

"I said yes of course! OMG! You have to help me find something to wear!"

"Are you sure you want my help?" I wasn't trying to be mean. I wanted to help my friend pick out an outfit to wear, it's just we had different taste in clothes. She liked the rocker, punk, emo look. Right now she was wearing black skinny jeans, motorcylce boots, and a red laced corset top. Me on the other hand was wearing denim shorts and a gray tank top.

"Of course I want your help. Please! Please! Please!"

Great. Now she was giving me those puppy eyes. She could always get her way whenever she did that.

"Fine! I'll help!

"Thank you," she said jumping up and down on my bed, then pulling me in for a hug.

When she pulled away I noticed her arm was covered in something red and sticky. I looked at her wrists and saw two gashes where the blood was oozing out from.

"Carrie..."

She looked down at her wrists and looked horrified at what she saw. She started crying but she wasn't crying actual regular tears, it was tears of blood.

"It's your fault," she said making her voice sound cold and icy.

I bolted up in bed and covered my mouth to muffle my scream. It was just a nightmare.I didn't realize I was crying until I felt my face wet from the tears. I looked over at the clock and it read 11:32. I laid back down and closed my eyes knowing that sleep wouldn't come.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day my mom walked into my bedroom with boxes in her hand. She threw them on the floor and told me to start packing because the movers would be here on Friday. Great. I got up from the bed, grabbed one of the boxes, and started to pack all the stuff on my desk.

After a couple of hours of packing my stomach started growling. Time to eat. I made my way to the kitchen and rummaged through the fridge look for some meat and mustard. When I finished making a sandwich I went back to my room to start packing again.

I laid my plate down on my dresser next to the picture frame that was holding the picture of me and Carrie at William's birthday party. Carrie was wearing that pink strapless mini dress that she loved along with fishnet stockings and combat boots.

Carrie had her left arm draped across my shoulder and was sticking her tongue out and was flipping off Luke. She was mad at him for making us take a picture. She would always say she wasn't photogenic, which was so untrue.

My eyes started to sting and without realizing it, I picked up the picture frame and threw it across the room, causing the glass to shatter into little pieces when it hit the wall.

"Hayley! What was that?" Mom shouted from down the hall.

"Nothing! I- I just dropped something."

_______________________________________________________________________________

I just finished the third chapter and I'm going to try to update as much as I can but it's going to be a little hard for me especially since school started. I know this chapter is short but next chapter will be longer. Thanks for reading. Enjoy!