Chapter Eighteen

School was a disaster for the rest of the week. I tried to avoid Chris but it was hard. He was in two of my classes and sometimes we had to pass each other just to get to our lockers. Lunch was even worse. I couldn't sit at the table I usually sat at. Especially with Jessica, she hated me even more since Chris and I broke up. So I was stuck sitting with Logan and Becca. It wasn't just the three of us though, sometimes Bradley would sit with us, Janet would or some person whose name I never bothered to remember. Every now and then I would glance over in the direction of Chris. Hopefully later on down the line we could at least be friends.

But today, I was forgetting about all that. The whole point of going shopping with Becca was to forget school. Noon came and Becca picked me up like she said, but of course before we left she had to say goodbye to Logan. I left them in the living room and made some excuse to go to my room to get a sweater.

Now Becca and I were walking around browsing through the stores. We've only been shopping for about an hour and Becca already has like three bags from different stores. I don't like shopping so I pretty much just followed Becca.

"Thanks for inviting me," I said. "I really needed it."

Becca nodded. She pulled out a tube from her purse and applied some lip gloss to her lips. She waved it in front of me and I shook my head no.

"I got to be honest. There was one main reason why I asked you to come," Becca said. She pulled a piece of her hair behind her ear and stared down at the floor.

"What is the reason?"

"You and Logan."

I almost tripped over my feet. "What about me and Logan?"

"I know nothing is going on between you to but I don't know how to put this. And I know you said that he likes me and I know he does but I'm starting to think he likes you to."

"What makes you think that?"

"I don't know it's just- remember how I was telling Logan that he should grow out his hair? Well I was telling that to him for weeks but he said he didn't think it would look good on him but I kept insisting that he do it anyways. every time he said no but when I asked you and you said he should, he did. Maybe I'm being crazy but...I don't know what else to think."

I carefully placed my hand on her shoulder. "You're not crazy. Honestly, I don't think it's anything to worry about. Maybe he was just looking for a second opinion and when he got it, he decided to do it."

"You're probably right. You hungry? I'm starving."

We walked into the giant food court and I followed Becca to a Chinese restaurant. We each got a rice bowl with orange chicken and sat down at the nearest table. Everything was going well until Becca's eyes grew wide and she tried telling me not to look behind. Like that was really going to stop me. When I turned around I saw Chris two tables over with a red headed girl. Then I realized that the girl was Janet! From what I could see, they were on a date. Who goes to the freaking mall for a date?

I wouldn't care if he was dating again as long as it wasn't with a girl who said she was my friend! We weren't the best of friends but still, respect girl code. I just can't believe that everyone in our group is dating each other. The only person that hasn't dated any one within our group is Bradley. I think he said he was dating some girl that went to a different school.

"I'm sorry," Becca said.

"It's no big deal. We're not together anymore."

"You guys just barely broke up and he's already hooking up with Janet!"

I shook my head. "Don't worry about it. I don't care. At least I'm not supposed to."

And for the rest of the day I felt like total crap for many reasons. Becca was being nice to be especially since we saw Chris and Janet together, and I had kissed her boyfriend. Not only that, but I lied to her about it. I acted like it didn't happen. I told her that she had nothing to worry about. I felt so guilty and ashamed. It wasn't all my fault though, Logan knew he had a girlfriend and he knew it was wrong but we still kissed anyway.