Painting For My Grandpa :Prolouge

"My name is Aspen Williams. I'm 22 years old and I am from Brighton, UK. And my aspiration of life is to fulfil my life long goals and to live the dream. The message I would like to portray in my painting is seeing the wonder before our eyes," I smiled nervously at the judging panel, rubbing my sweaty palms onto my leggings.

"And what is the name of your masterpiece Aspen?" The female judge clasped her hands together on the desk as she raised an eyebrow at me.

"The name of my masterpiece that I'm presenting to you today is called," I took hold of the rope and tugged on it dramatically as the velvet curtains pulled away," See."

The crowd gasped and at, first my heart skipped a beat upon them doing so, anxious that I was about to lose the final round of the International Art League.

Oh please oh please. I've done so much just to win this, please.

Soon the whole theatre was erupting in deafening applause and the judges stood up in awe, clapping their hands, with impressed written all over their face.

After 5 minutes, the cheers and applause died down as the judges sat back in their seats again.

"That is the most beautiful piece you have ever done in this competition. This piece conveys your message so clearly which is seeing the wonder in everything. The painting is simple yet says so much. Aspen, you never fail to please," the female judge grinned.

The whole crowd cheered in response.

"This painting, first of all, makes me see your talent!" The male judge commended. The audience laughed along with him as I covered my mouth giggling.

"Second of all, the eye you have painted is in such detail and the colours you have splattered around just adds the wonder in it. It shows some kind of vibrance. Truly the most simple yet beautiful and eye-catching painting I have ever witnessed! And it is a guaranteed win for you!"

The crowd burst into an uproar once again.

Tears streaked down my face and I whispered," Thank you so much."

The joy was so overwhelming that I collapsed into the arms of my boyfriend who had run up onto the stage to hug me along with Zara, my best friend. Sobbing and smiling, I waved at the crowd as the three of us walked off the stage together.

As soon as we reached backstage, we wrapped our arms around each other's shoulders, jumping around as Zara and I squealed excitedly.

~ωωω~

I would never forget the day my dreams came true. Eventually after that day, me, Riff and Zara all moved to New York together to pursue our dreams.

I soon became the world's best-selling artist, Riff became an Oscar nominated movie director and Zara was the founder of the fashion label, Zara.

At first it was a joke I made about her naming her fashion company after her name. She took it seriously however and she still loves the name, which basically means she loves her name but that's beside the point. She still gives credit to me and I help her design her new fashion lines every Summer.

Now Riff and I stay together in a luxurious home at the outskirts of New York. We call it "Aspiff's Wonderland".

Cheesy, yes, but if it makes Riff happy, I'm happy.

The gallery that I own was only a few blocks away which was a good thing too. There I have my assistant, Arwin, who helps me run the place.

Many buyers have come over to buy my artwork and I'm happy working there. I go there every morning until mid-afternoon, then go home to paint new art pieces. It's the life I've always dreamed of having.