Painting For My Grandpa #20

"Why must he die?" Zara sobbed, stuffing the rest of the popcorn into her mouth which muffles the rest of her wailing.

"I don't flipping understand either," I sniffled, dabbing my eyes with the tissue in my hand. 

"Every time I watch this I always question why must Will die. I need answers!" Zara sniffed, her crying beginning to cease and a small grin was on her lips. 

"Right?" I agreed, picking up the ice cream tubs to put into the refrigerator. 

I then head to the rubbish bin to throw the balls of tissue in hand away. 

Just before I drop the tissues into the bin, I was brought back to the second day at which we had arrived at Grandpa's house. 

I remembered the balls of tissue on the floor that I had to pick gingerly from the floor covered in dried pee, something my poor Grandma couldn't clean up due to her back.

"Right poor her," I sneered under my breath, remembering why I was at Ryan's house tonight. 

Yet, my mind still continued to reminisce in the memory and my heart ached. 

How could I have been so cruel to him? When all he ever wanted to do was to be a great Grandpa. I felt my eyes well up with hot tears and I quickly wiped them away.

"Don't start thinking girl's night didn't help you forget about shit because the night is young," Zara said as she dumped the rest of the rubbish into the bin along with the dirty dishes being placed into the dishwasher.

She then snagged a bottle of wine from the refrigerator and two glasses.

"Let's head into Ryan's room," she beamed. 

"Wait whoa hold on. Ryan's room? We can't do that to him it's his room. And where would he sleep?" I pointed out hurriedly, feeling utterly guilty. 

"Relax Aspy, he's cool with it! We'll sleep in the guest room later on but most of my things are in his room and I'm lazy to move them so we'll camp out there until it's knockout time and when we're drunk till we can't stand," she winked before continuing to proceed to the room, clambering up the stairs excitedly. 

I sighed, hiding the smile spreading across my face. 

This is why I love Zara. 

She's the best friend I could have ever asked for.

I followed after her and climbed up the stairs. She then lead me into a room opposite presumably Ryan's room and I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. 

"Wow. For a man, this room has been decorated really nicely," I mused, marvelling at the pretty, minimalistic look of the room. 

The bed was dressed in plain white sheets, duvet and covers and had a rustic wood headboard lined with fairy lights which shone a warm glow. 

At one wall of the room there was a slim wooden desk containing several books, trinket dishes, a Macbook. There was even a geometric copper decorative item that had a single white candle in it along with several pot of plants on white shelves on the wall.

 There was even a geometric copper decorative item that had a single white candle in it along with several pot of plants on white shelves on the wall