Painting For My Grandpa #13

"Aspen I still can't believe you're doing this for your grandpa. It's really...," Grandma trailed off, staring at the half complete canvas.

"It's so thoughtful of you." She said in a soft happy sigh.

"Thanks G'ma." I gushed, giving her a side hug.

"Oh sweetie I'm sure your Grandpa must be so happy now with all of these efforts of yours. Just don't overdo it okay?" She sighed once again, rubbing my shoulder.

My smile faltered and my curiousity grew.

"Overdo it?"

"Don't lose sight of what really matters. It's great you care about Grandpa now but don't put anything on the line whilst you're doing it. Because once Grandpa is gone, the rest of the things, you'll realise, would have already left if you're not cautious," she explained thoughtfully with a careful and gentle tone.

She must have seen the confusion on my face because she then continued with a small smile on her face.

"Just have an open mind and be aware. It's no lie when I say that despite your brightness sometimes you tend to forget what matters," she chuckled softly.

I rolled my eyes and grinned back at her.

"Okay."

§§§

"Lookin' good honey bun!" Riff called out as he walked past where I was working on another painting on his way to the bathroom.

"Honey bun?" I laughed, turning around to look at him.

"Why not? You're sweet and you've got all the curves in all the right places," he winked playfully.

I rolled my eyes, a small smile etching onto my lips.

"Oh and you asked me to remind you so I'll remind you now. It's Sunday today!" He hollered, waving as he walked out of the room.

"Holy schnitzel!" I half-yelled, ditching my painting before grabbing my laptop.

Subtle Aspen. Very subtle.

I started carrying out my normal procedures to get myself in the mood to write my weekly blogs.

I lit the candle Zara helped my buy a few days ago, it's aroma almost immediately filling the room.

I then closed the curtains at the windows to get a softer light and turned on the fairy lights which I'm still most pleased about in this room.

Feeling more in the mood, I began to recollect themes I would want to write about.

Dealing with stress? Nah done that one.

Healthy tips? Not so healthy myself except when I aim for a bikini body in summer.

Not guilty one bit.

Suddenly, Riff pops back into the room, thankfully knocking the door this time beforehand, to grab his notebook from the dresser.

Before leaving he then says," Write about last moments with someone or something, you haven't done that yet!"

And then he was gone again.

I swear his a freaking psychic sometimes.

But that was a good one and I've got a lot to write about it.

I clicked on the box on the screen and started typing out my framework for the blog.

§§§

"And done!" I said with a flourish, clicking the 'publish' button happily.