Painting For My Grandpa #18

§§§

Last night with Grandpa had ended off as it used to before "Mr Dich's buying of our land business" came into my life.

He chatted to me about his past and I listened whilst painting.

I had kept my promise and finished the painting based on the picture of the night sky, which I had taken a week ago.

The sky was dark, the moon pale like any other night.

The difference was the shooting star that streaked across the sky and the millions of stars glittering in the horizon.

That's what made it special enough to paint for Grandpa.

By the time I was I done painting the picture, Grandpa was already nodding off to sleep.

Just as I was about to turn off his room lights and leave, however, he glanced at the painting drowsily and said in a soft voice.

"That's got to be one of your best Tree."

No amount of words can explain the joy I felt when he said this sentence.

Never have I heard so much love from someone within one simple sentence.

From my own Grandpa nonetheless.

That alone got me to sleep peacefully that night.

Something so small like painting for my grandpa was enough to make me the happiest granddaughter in the world.

That was what made everything between Grandpa and I worthwhile.

The joy that was given out to both ends.

§§§

I woke up the next morning bright and early, when the sun was only halfway up its rising.

Any remnants of the flu I had a few days ago were completely gone which put me in a greater mood.

Riff was still asleep because he stayed up later than I did working on the script for his next movie.

I placed a long kiss on Riff's forehead, lingering there for several seconds before pulling away.

He looked so peaceful.

I hid a smile and walked out of the room.

And that was when the sound of silence hit me hard.

There was no sizzling sounds from the kitchen like there usually would be.

My senses immediately kicked in and I grew wary of every sound.

"There better not be a burglar in the house,"I muttered under my breath, almost about ready to flip the finger should a masked ninja appear out of nowhere.

I walked down the steps cautiously, careful not to make a sound.

I entered the living room and turned my head around slowly to see if there were any suspicious signs of strangous life.

(A/N: That was a lot of s in one sentence that probably didn't make sense.)

Then I hear the sound of weeping.

And my blood went cold.

I ignored the nagging feeling in my brain and walked as fast as I could towards the source of the sound. 

I felt like my heart was in my mouth and everything was whirring, groaning and creaking in my ears. 

Please. Please don't do this to me.