Painting For My Grandpa #15

"Oh Aspy I...I'm sorry," Grandma shook her head in disbelief before enveloping me in her warm and comforting arms.

"It's...it's fine...really," I sniffed as tears invaded my sight once again.

"Where's Grandpa?" I then ask, the thought popping into my head.

"Oh no his appointment! I'm so sorry Grandma!" I clapped my hand over my mouth as the thought sank in and guilt took over.

I completely forgot about his appointment.

"Ah it's alright deary I sent him there myself. Don't worry about it," Grandma smiled warmly at me, rubbing my knuckles as she held my hand.

"I'll bring him next time I promise. It's my responsibility," I said, staring at her straight in the eye to affirm my promise.

"Aspen dear I appreciate your efforts but you need to focus on your gallery more for now alright?" Grandma shook her head, pity and sadness evident in her gaze.

I was about to protest before my brain actually started to process what she said.

She's right...

"Okay fine... But I'll still help whenever I can, as much as possible," I sighed in defeat before affirming once again that Grandpa is still my priority.

"Alright deary," she nodded.

But something was off.

Her eyes were moist and shifting away from my gaze.

Like as if she was hiding something.

Nah I'm probably just tired I've had a long day...

So I brushed the idea off, officially proclaiming it as a stupid one, before hugging Grandma once again and heading up into my bedroom to call Arwin.

『Riff POV』

I hate that asshole of a titan's asshole named Vagh fudging Dich.

Can't the stupid greedy motherfather shit nugget keep his grubby hands to his effing-self?

YOU HAVE SEVERAL BUSINESSES ALREADY YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY MY GIRLFRIEND'S GALLERY THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

I swear if I become president someday I will murder the shit out of that guy.

Nobody messes with my baby's dreams.

No-effin-body.

Not even the President or Mr Dick.

I now apologise for my unprofessional usage of the improper action called cussing.

Now I need to become a total stressed out dramatic mom , no offense Mum , and eat a whole stash of junk food from the all too familiar restaurant McDonald's.

It's a habit called stress eating, deal with it.

I sighed and looked over at my beautiful girlfriend sleeping beside me. She was so exhausted after what happened today she fell into another slumber after talking to her Grandma.

A small smile twitched unto my lips as I gently moved a lock of her soft blonde hair away from her pale face.

My heart throbbed painfully once again as the thought of her suffering came into my mind.

I would do anything just to give her pride and joy back. Her gallery, her art, her passion...

These things are just what makes Aspen...Aspen.

But I know that if I really do anything I will do something I will regret and that will make things worse which disappoints Aspen.

I hoisted myself off the bed and headed downstairs to get myself McDonald's.

Just as I was grabbing the car keys, Aspen's Grandma came out of Jerome's room.

"How was Jerome's appointment?" I turned towards Emery, a tired smile spread across my face.

I jostled my keys in my hand as Emery began to speak.

"Riff I..." She spoke quietly, rubbing her arm seemingly with a tinge of anxiousness.

I immediately sensed something was wrong.

And you probably wouldn't need my pretty awesome observation super powers to know this.

Sorry I went off-topic.

My palms began to sweat and I quickly rubbed them against my jeans.

"Spill Emery it's alright. If it's something Aspen can't know, you can tell me. I won't tell her as long as that would benefit her. I promise," I gripped Emery's shaking tiny hand.

My blue gaze stares into her weary brown ones.

And I watch the poor lady's eyes well up with tears.

『ZARA』

"It's horrible Ryan. This is Aspen's dream job. It's what she's always wanted since she was freaking 5," I sighed with frustration.

Ryan placed the remote control on the coffee table infront of us before wrapping his arms around me again to comfort me.

We are currently watching Gods Of Egypt as a stay-at-home movie date.

Well Ryan was, I was worrying for Aspen whilst armed with a huge spoon and a huge tub of cookie dough ice cream.

The movie barely mattered to me the entire time except for the beginning when that what's-his-face idiot god got his eyes ripped out.

Like I said I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the movie.

To be fair, I did recognise the actor for the what's-his-face idiot is the same guy who acted as Mark the two, no THREE-timing husband in The Other Woman.

Ah that movie is a classic.

Okay back to the current situation.

"Zara calm down. If there's one thing I know for sure it's that you are the most loyal and caring person in the world. You'll always be there for Aspen. And I know for a fact that Aspen will have you by her side no matter what. So stop worrying about Aspen and just make sure you help her get rid of everything there is to worry about for her," Ryan said, his eyes piercing into mine.

His hand was tracing my cheek softly which put me in sort of a dreamy trance.

His eyes held a firm gaze, one that gave me more confidence in helping Aspen get out of this shithole.

"And you know what? I'm going to help too. Don't argue with me I've made up my mind so it's pointless. Aspen is my friend too and she doesn't deserve this crap happening to her," a smile was playing on his lips as he said this, his eyes constantly glancing towards my lips.

My heart melted at his words almost immediately.

"What did I do to deserve a man like you," I gushed hugging Ryan in a warm embrace.

"Thank you," I whispered as I faced him again.

He smiled his charming smile.

"I'm a nice guy aren't I?" He said before crashing his lips unto mine.

In Memory of A Beloved Woman

Before I begin my usual message at the end of the chapter, if you guys haven't noticed, the beloved Carrie Fisher plays as Emery Williams (aka Grandma) in this story. Most of you may know her as Princess Leia Organa from Star Wars with the signature two buns at each side of her head...

If you did not know, Carrie has recently passed away on the 27th of December 2016. She was one of my most favourite actresses and she will be missed dearly. I pray she is at peace along with her mother (who sadly also passed away one day after Carrie). 

Carrie Fisher you are an inspiration...

Author's Note:

Okay don't be sad anymore haha just know she is at peace...

Anyways thank you for reading :D and do comment feedback, it means a lot to me.
This time I did Riff and Zara's POVs too hehe hope you guys enjoyed that :)
Vote if you enjoyed and do look out for the next chapter :)