Painting For My Grandpa #10

I gently set the easel by the window seat and placed my open laptop down.

"Okay. Now that I've got all that prepped up I've got about ten more minutes until we need to meet Ryan with Zara and Riff," I muttered to myself, glancing at the clock on my laptop to take note of the time.

I slipped out of the loose shirt and shorts I was wearing, then discarding them onto the floor.

I then opened up the wardrobe and took out the light blue sundress I had specially set aside for the occasion.

Just as I closed the wadrobe, the dress hung on a hanger in hand, Riff opened the door and walked in.

He was looking down at his phone, typing away at the screen.

I felt my cheeks heat up and I stuttered.

"R-riff."

He looked up, a calm and casual expression held on his face.

Until he saw me and registered what he had just walked into.

"Uh... Hi...Aspen?" His face turned into a deep shade of red, his deep blue green eyes scanning my body tentatively.

"STOP LOOKING!" I half yelled half squealed, attempting to cover myself with the dress.

"Oh come on I've seen you naked before. And you're wearing your bra and underwear here, you're not stark naked." He muttered under his breath.

I felt my cheeks burn even more but this time annoyance was stepping in and I threw the dress onto the bed.

His eyes widened and he looked down to avoid the view he had walked into earlier on.

I stomped towards him, uncaring about the fact that I'm still in my undergarments and shoved him out of the room.

"OUT!" I humphed.

"But but," he protested, trying to resist my pushing.

"Knock the door when it's closed next time!"

"Okay okay!"

I slammed the door shut in his face and snatched the dress from the bed.

I muttered colourful names and words under my breath as I put on the dress.

I zipped up the back and then walked to the full length mirror.

I fixed my blonde hair into a simple updo and then applied some makeup, going for the natural look.

Honestly, I hate makeup but I've come to realise that it doesn't necessarily have to be thick and it can be as minimum as possible or it could be a natural look so I've started to grow accustomed to it.

I pulled out strands of my hair here and there ,spritzed some perfume and once I was satisfied, I grabbed my white and gold chain purse and proceeded to walk out of the room.

I opened the door quietly and just as I did, Riff came stumbling in.

"Riff!" I exclaimed, the annoyance from earlier still evident in my tone.

"Uh haha hey," he grinned sheepishly at me as he rubbed the back of his back with one hand.

I rolled my eyes at him.

Then I remembered I forgot to put on my shoes and reached towards the side of the doorframe where all my shoes were.

I spotted the gold gladiator sandals and stretched towards it.

Riff caught on and snatched up the sandals, holding it high up in the air where I can't reach it.

"Riff," I whined, jumping up and down to try and snag the sandals.