Painting For My Grandpa: #2

My phone vibrated as I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around myself.

I scurried over to my bedside table and read the texts I've received.

Zarabae:

Heyyy! Coffee break at Starbucks tomorrow after work? Heard from Riff you have something you want to tell me too ;)

Me:

Sure! And yes, I'll see you tomorrow

I returned my phone to my bedside table and walked towards my wadrobe to change into my pyjamas.

Suddenly, two strong arms wrapped around my waist.

"Hey there little poop nugget," I teased, tapping the tip of his nose lightly.

"That's a new one. Yesterday you were calling me honey bear." Riff smirked. He then began to lean towards me and his eyes closed.

Ah you're not going to get away that easily Riff.

I managed to free myself from his grasp and twirled away cheekily.

I smiled at him innocently as he groaned at how pathetic he had looked.

"Poop nugget because you stink. Go take a shower." I placed my hands on my hips, deciding to take advantage of the situation.

Hey he really does stink.

His reaction wasn't what I expected however.

"I guess you're joining with me then Ms Williams." He replied smugly, his eyes scanning me from head to toe.

Huh? That wasn't the disappointed look I imagined...

I looked down and realised that my towel had come off and was in his arms.

"Riff!"

~ωωω~

"Hey lady!"

"Hey baby!"

I laughed as I embraced my ever cheerful best friend.

"I can't believe we still say that after 3 years," Zara giggled, draping an arm around my shoulders to guide me into the shop.

As usual, both of us were wearing a pair of sunglasses each and a hat for me, particularly to avoid the paparazzi. Our jobs may not be something as big as acting or singing but us being seen in public can attract almost the same amount of attention.

And it doesn't help that I'm claustrophobic.

"Aspen, the usual Java Chip Frappechino?" Zara looked at me eagerly, her words breaking my train of thought.

I looked up from below the brim of my hat and nodded.

As we walked to the side to wait for our orders, I felt my vision suddenly grow bright and a weight was lifted off my head.

"Zara!"

"Aspen! You don't need a hat. As much as I enjoy seeing you wear my merchandise, I suggest you take it off. People are staring at you because first of all we are indoors and second, you're indoors with cool air-conditioning. No hat needed," she held my hat firmly and pointed her fingers as she listed out reasons why I shouldn't wear my hat.

I rolled my eyes at her, then smiled at the employee who handed my coffee to me along with a plate of chocolate croissants for Zara and I to share.

Zara accepted her cup and walked with me to a table.

I sat down and took my first sip of deliciousness.