chapter 33

1 Month Later*

Lashaune POV

"Where is Kerian man" Chyanne asks hastly.

"He said he's on his way don't worry" Teej reassures her.
Chyanne, Teej , Telvin , Tyrecse , Rochelle's mum and a couple man from Clapham and brixton are sitting in the audience of Lavender Hill Magistrates Court. Today was the final hearing of Rochelle's case. She was out on bail for weeks before the court came to a decision. It was harder for her case because shes been arrested three times before and has been on probation also. Plus shes under 18. But possession of class A drugs is a serious crime. People can face up to seven years in pen and a fine because of it.
I pray she makes it out.

"Sorry I'm late. I had to sort a few things out." Kerian's voice comes behind us as he quickly makes his way over to the empty chair next to Teej.

Just then The Judge enters the room along side the jury. We all stand as he takes his seat then we follow.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kerian POV

The door opens as Rochelle is walked in by a pig. Her hands are in her pockets and she's dressed in a simple black zip up hoodie and matching track bottoms. Lol road girl for real.

"This girl never listens to me. I told her to wear appropriate clothes." I hear her mum mutter next to me but a smile is plastered on her tierd face.
I glance behind me and spot Rochelle's brother amongst the crowd of mandem and a few girls. I rah don't believe the court let all these people into the room. Nah Rochelle's got bare love from people tho.

"Can the defendant please take a stand" I watch as Rochelle does as the Judge says. A straight stone cold expression is tapped on her face as her eyes hold nothing. No emotions nothing.

I feel the tention slowly grow in the room as the judge watches her carefully.

"Has the jury come to a decision?" There is a few nods from the snakes sitting behind the barriers.

A tall white don stands before the judge as he says.

"The jury find the defendant....

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chyanne's POV

I watch intently as we wait for the jurys statement.
Please God let them say non gulity.
At least theres still a chance for the judge to say non gulity if they do.
Please God.

"Gulity"

I cry out as the words leave his lips.
No.

Teej's arms grip my sides as the tears slide down my face.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rochelle's POV

I continue to stare at the judge as the dumb prick takes his seat back in the jury.

Not going to lie I'm sh*tting hella bricks on the inside but I have to stay strong.
For all my girls out there.
For the mandem -brothers that have always been there for me.
For kerian my baby.
But especially for my mum.

I promised my self when I got involved with all this road sh*t I wouldn't get locked.
I promised myself that I wouldn't do that to my mum. All of this was just so I could get money so I wouldn't have to see my mum struggle anymore.

The part thats pissing me off the most is that I wasn't even selling anything. I was just holding it for Gemz. But of course no ones going to believe that because at the end of the day im just another black yute off the roads of south london.

"I here for find Rochelle Karlean Richards...

God forgive me for all the people I did wrong to and keep me safe.

"Gulity of possession of class A drugs and other offences. You will be sentenced to 3 years in police custody and 7 months probation. Take her away"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kerian's POV

"NOOOOO NOT MY BABY. PLEASE ROCHELLE BABY GIRL...NOOOO!" The screams off Rochelle's mum along side the cussing and shouting from all the boys and girls filled the court room.

Chyannes tears were audible as she lay in Teejs chest.
Lashaune sat staring at nothing completely still as if she was a rock. Telvin was cussing the system along with the rest of them. Ty held onto his shaking mother as she begged for her daughter to be freeded.
I stared as they pulled my baby out of the court.
My girl was getting sent down for 3 bloodclart years for some stupid offence.
Rochelle man what am I gonna do without you.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rochelle's POV

It's now I realised that it's not us who are chained to the streets. It's the streets that are chained to us.