Law Assignment

Rigel's POV:

Dad and I turn around to see Nathan standing by the kitchen door.

"Yes, Nathan. I'm thinking in going." Dad answered him.

"And he will go." I completed his answer.

"If you go, you will never seem me again!" Nathan told him and got out of the kitchen.

"I'll be right back" I told my father and followed Nathan, that was walking towards his room.
Unfortunately he couldn't close the door so I stepped in and closed the door behind me.

"Are you stupid or what?" I asked him.

He rolled his eyes and shrugged.

"Can you stop being so selfish for a moment?" I asked him. "This trip is very important to dad, it will only improve his career as an astronomer, and you tell him that if he goes on that trip you will stop seeing him? Stop thinking about yourself and think about dad. How this trip is going to make him happy." I said and he sat down on his bed thinking.

"You're right. I'm sorry, it's just that if dad goes, it will just be you and me. Dad always brings joy to this house to make us forget about mom, and if he leaves, that joy will be gone." He sighed.

"That will only happen, if you let it happen." I told him and sat down next to him. "Now, go downstairs and tell dad you're sorry. Explain him why you reacted the way you reacted. I'm sure he will understand." I said and gave him a quick hug.

"Thank you Rigel! You're a good sister, love you." He said and hugged me back.

"Love you too." I told him and left the room.

* buzz buzz buzz buzz *

I looked at my phone and Leah's image was flashing on the screen, I immediately answer the call.

"Hey Leah!"

"Hey! How was the orphanage?" She asked.

"It was ok! I talked to Caden and I believe he's a bit happier now." I answered her.

"Why was he sad though?" She asked.

"He said that sometimes he was happy, but sometimes felt sad because he couldn't stop thinking on why his parents left him." I sighed.

"Poor Caden! Does Jayden knows he feels that way?"

"I don't know. I didn't talk to him. I only talked to Caden. Sasha told me that Lily was upset too, do you know something?" I asked and she paused for a while to process what I just said.

"Lily's upset? I don't know anything! Did Sasha tell you anything else?" She asked with worry.

"Well she told something when I left.." I said.

"So? What was it?" She asked quickly.

"She told me that... Uh- she told me that Lily hasn't been eating." I answered slowly.

"What? What do you mean she hasn't been eating?!" She yelled at the phone.

"Leah, calm down!! It will be okay! We just have to talk to her!" I said calmly.

"I'm going to talk to her now!" She said.

"Leah wait!" I said before she could finish the call. "Let's go there tomorrow after college and after work.." I begged.

"Okay, fine! Bye!" She sighed.

"Bye!" I said and finished the call.

"Rigel! Dinner's ready!" I heard Nathan call and I walked towards the kitchen.

"Have you told him?" I asked Nathan before sitting in my usual spot, next to my dad and in front of Nathan.

"Tell me what?" Dad asked looking at Nathan.

"That I'm sorry dad. I shouldn't said that to you. Rigel made me see how important this trip is to you, and I don't want to be an obstacle in your way. I guess I just reacted the way I did, because you're the one that brings joy to this house and I thought that if you left, that joy will be over.." Nathan said looking at his plate.

"It will never be over, because I will be back, okay? Don't think about that! Think about everything you can do when I'm in another country." He chuckled and Nathan laughed.

"You actually authorize us to do everything we want?" Nathan asked in surprised.

"Unless it's not drugs and other stuff, yes you can." Dad said.

"Thanks dad!" Nathan said and gave him a quick hug.

"You're welcome son!"

"So when are you living dad?" I asked him.

"Three days from now on."

••••••••••||••••••••••

Law. My final class of the day.

I spotted an empty seat and made my way to it. A few minutes later some guy sat down next to me but I didn't look at him, instead I let out a loud groan.

"Believe me I don't want to be with you either, but it was the only empty seat." He said and I immediately recognized his voice.

"Darius? What are you doing in law class?" I asked him and he looked at me in shock.

"My mom signed me up to law class. She wants me to be a lawyer. What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I want to do something that involves people and children. Law is the perfect class to it." I answered.

He was about to say something when the teacher walked in and started talking.

"Hello students, my name is Mr. Fitzgerald, and I'm going to be your law teacher, this trimester." Mr. Fitzgerald said after writing his name on the board.

He started talking about the program and exams, he spent the whole class talking about his life until someone interrupted his story:

"Mr. Fitzgerald? The class ends in five minutes, are you going to teach us something?"

"I'm not going to teach you anything today but I decided that you should do a pair work." He said and everyone started talking to everyone, to make their pair but Mr. Fitzgerald interrupted everyone. "There's no use! I already made your pairs."

He said some names until he reached mine.

"Ri- Rigel Monroe? Is that how you say it?" He asked and I nodded my head. "Well, Ms. Monroe, you are paired up with Da- Is this your real name?"

"It's Darius!" Darius interrupted him quickly.

"But it doesn't say Darius here! It says Da-" he started but Darius interrupted him again.

"Please, just say Darius!" I looked at him confused and he noticed me but didn't look at me.

"Fine. Rigel you are paired with Mr. Darius Callahan." He said and I sighed.

"Last but not least, Amanda Jackson, you are paired up with Richard Johnson." He said. "The assignment is about getting to know each other. I want a presentation about what you figured about each other till the end of the trimester, so two months from now on." He explained.

"Mr. Fitzgerald? We are in law class, why do you have to know each other?" A guy named Phill asked the teacher.

"How do you expect to defend your client if you don't him/her?" He asked Phill and everybody stayed quiet. "You may go now!"