New Girlfriends and New Volunteers

Rigel's POV:

A couple of weeks have past since my 'not an official' date with Darius happened. We went out again, we went to US Open, which was amazing, we went to the cinema a couple of times. It was fun, but unfortunately it's almost over. The presentation is Friday and after it, everything is going to be back to normal.

"Earth to Rigel!" Leah said interrupting my thoughts.

"What?" I asked.

"Can we watch 'Flipped' or not?" She asked as she logged in her Netflix account.

"Yeah, sure!"I answered, even though I've already seen the movie before.

As the movie kept going I couldn't take my eyes off of the TV. I love this movie. The movie was perfect until two idiots ruined it.

"I know it was awesome!" I heard Nathan saying as they walked inside the living room.

"It's amazing how they are so happy, and they don't even have their parents with them." Darius said and their conversation really caught mine and Leah's attention.

"I know right? Some of them are like 5 years old or less, they know that they are orphans and are still so happy!" Nathan said and Leah paused the movie to listen to their conversation.

"Like Caden!" Darius said and I turned my attention to him. "God, I love that kid. He has such a positive thinking and motivation, and he's just 5 years old!"

"I'm sorry? What are you guys talking about?" I asked them even though I knew the answer.

"When Nathan and I apologized to Sebastian, he ran away and we followed him until he entered a building called 'St Lucas Orphanage' and we entered as well. We found out that he was an orphan and we met this cute little guy called Caden that guided us to Sebastian's room. We really enjoyed the orphanage, so we decided to come back. That's what we did. Today we went there and the owner, Sasha, offered us a 'job' as volunteers and we said yes!" Darius said.

"WHAT?" Leah and I stood up in shock.

"Isn't that amazing?" Nathan asked and I took a deep breath.

"Yes, it's pretty amazing. Congrats!" Leah said before she sat down again on the couch.

••••••••••||••••••••••

*knock knock*

"Come in!" I said and saw Nathan coming in.

"What are you doing?" He asked me and sat down on my bed, next to me.

"Finishing my law assignment." I said slowly.

"It's about Darius right?" He asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled with sadness.

"What's wrong?" He asked looking at me.

"Nothing." I said not looking at him and scratching my eyebrow.

"You're lying! You always scratch your eyebrow when you lie." He stated and I looked at him. I didn't want to tell him the real reason why I was this blue.

I was about to tell him the real reason when my dad called us from downstairs.

"Nathan, Rigel! Can you can come here please?"

"Saved by the bell." I mumbled and went downstairs with Nathan.

"Yes dad?" I said after entering the kitchen.

"Would you like to go out for a dinner?" He asked and I looked at Nathan.

"Yeah let's go!" Nathan said and he went to the car.