Hospital Confessions

Rigel's POV:

I turned around, annoyed, and gave her the best fake smile I could ever give her.

"Hello Susan." I said looking at her, ignoring the person that was with her.

"Don't you mean mother?" She asked.

"You stopped being my mother when you cheated on my father, with my boyfriend. Fortunately, now is ex-boyfriend." I answered still with my fake smile and not looking at her.

"Rigel, we've talked about this. It wasn't planned." She defended herself.

"I was eighteen! So was he! He was old enough to be your son! You cheated on dad with a teenage boy that was old enough to be your son. Still is!" I said frustrated. Before I could say anything else, Nathan spoke up.

"Where's your new boyfriend?" Nathan asked her, even though he wasn't looking at her.

"I'm right here." He just said three words, and I already knew who it was. I immediately looked up to confirm who it was, and it was.

Max.

"Guess he's not that new." Nathan said.

"It's been a while since I don't see you, Rigel." He told me.

"Yeah. It was perfect until now." I sighed and he chuckled.

"C'mon. Don't be like that!" He told me and I gave him a look that I can't even describe.

I was about to say something when Darius stopped. "Rigel, don't." He told me and I took a deep breath.

"Can I talk to you, Rigel?" My mom asked.

"I don't want to, but I promised dad I would, so let's go!" I said and went outside, to the garden.

***

Darius's POV:

I left the dance floor and went to a table that had food and drinks, and took a glass a champagne.

"So? You and Rigel?" Max asked after approaching the table.

"No. There's no 'me and Rigel'! And even if there's was, you have nothing to do with that." I said coldly.

"So that means she still has feelings for me?" He asked with a smirk.

"Why would she have feelings for a guy that cheated on her with her mother?" I asked in confusion. "She used to have feelings for you but as always, you screwed everything up." I said with anger.

"And let me guess, you were there to comfort her?" He asked.

"I've been there since the ninth grade, but you had put yourself in the way." I told him.

"She chose me. Not you. Me." He said with another smirk.

"And look where you are. You are dating her mother." I told him and he sighed.

"That doesn't mean I can't be with her." He said.

"Are you kidding me? You're dating her mother, do you think she wants to be back to you? To be your lover?" I asked in confusion.

"You're a loser." He said and turned to leave.

"At least I have her!" I practically yelled.

After I said that he turned to look at me and all I saw was his fist flying towards my face. After a few, few more punches all I saw was black.

***

Rigel's POV:

I spent 15 minutes talking to my mother. I didn't hear most of it, she said she was sorry, that what happened wasn't planned, that she never wanted this to happen, and stuff like that. All I could say to her was that I didn't care if she was with Max, because I didn't love him anymore. I also said that I couldn't accept her apologies, because she really hurt not just me, but also my father. I don't know how our conversation ended but somehow we managed to end the conversation.

After it I decided to come back to the dance floor and wait for Darius. I entered the building and started walking towards to dance floor. I froze when I saw what was happening.

"Dude stop it!" Kai said picking Max up. Max stopped punching Darius and I made my way to him.

"Kai? What are you doing here?" I heard Leah asking him.

"Darius? Darius? Look at me! Please look at me! Open your eyes, please!" I started to cry. I placed two fingers on his neck to feel his pulse and fortunately he was alive. "Dazs please wake up, please! I need you, please look at me." I cried harder and harder.

"The ambulance is on their way." Nathan said and I nodded my head.

••••••••••||••••••••••

I woke up and all I saw was white. I sat straighter on my chair and see everybody next to me: my brother, my father, Natalie, Leah and her parents.

"Did the doctors say anything else?" I asked Louise.

"They only said that he's alright, but needs time to recover." She answered.

"Can I see him?" I asked slowly.

"You can, but he's not waking up. They don't know what to do if he doesn't wake up till tonight. He should be up already." She said and I took a deep breath.

I got up from my chair and started walking towards his room. When I got there I slowly opened the door and entered the room. I sat down on the chair next to his bed and looked at him. There he was laid down in a hospital bed, with his face completely purple. He had a few ligatures around his body, maybe Max not only punched him but also kicked him, his eyes were purple, his lip was cut and is cheeks were pink.

"Please wake up." I whispered. "We need you Darius. I need you." I said. "You can't leave us." I finished, because I couldn't say anything else or I would cry like there was no tomorrow. I stood up and walked towards the door.

"Why not?" His hoarse voice asked me and I turned around.

"You're awake!" I said and ran to him to give him a hug, he immediately groaned and I let go and sat down on the chair next to his bed. "Sorry." I mumbled and he shook his head.

"Don't worry about it." He said and I smiled.

"I'm going to call someone." I said and started to stand up but he grabbed my wrist.

"Please don't go." He asked and I nodded my head and sat down in the chair, again.

"What happened to you?" I slowly asked him.

"Max happened." He said and took a deep breath before continuing. "When you went to talk to your mother, I went to the food table and grabbed a glass of champagne for me. After a few minutes Max approached me and started asking questions about us. I told him that there was nothing between us and even if there were he didn't had nothing to do with that. He started insinuating that you still loved him and I asked him why would you love a guy that cheated on you with your mother. We said other stuff and he ended up calling me a loser. I told him that I could be a loser, but at least I had you. Obviously he didn't like it so he started to punch me, one after the other, until all I saw was black." He finished and I couldn't help but to feel bad for him.