Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

"I had the weirdest dream", I said.

"Was I in it?", he asked.

"Yeah.. Like I was pregnant and we were so happy. That's really freaky", I laughed. But he didn't laugh. He looked at me seriously with a look of guilt. "Why aren't you laughing?"

"Well... When we, uh. I don't know how to put it", he mumbled.

"Please tell me you pulled OUT!", I yelled.

"I am so sorry Ava! I really am!", he said trying to calm me down.

"Chresanto you're ALWAYS sorry about something! Where is there a CVS or Walgreens around here?", I asked.

"Uh there's one about 15 minutes away", he said scratching the back of his neck.

"Go there and ask for the Plan B pills. Please hurry up too!", I yelled.

He ran out the door an I gets his car drive off. I can't believe I let this happen. I still have time to take the pill so I won't get pregnant. I can't be pregnant! I'm only seventeen and not only that, it'd be my kidnappers baby. Everyone will think he raped me! I can't tell anyone that I LET him have sex with me.

Deep into my thoughts, I didn't realize he came back. He handed me the bag,"Here you go. And again I'm very sorry."

I took the bag away,"Thank you. And stop saying sorry. It's annoying." I took the pill quickly and sat back on the couch with him. "We're you going to tell me?"

"No..", he mumbled.

I took a deep breath,"No? You were just going to let me be pregnant?! You know how embarrassing that would be?"

"I've always wanted to have a kid on my own but considering my condition, all my past girlfriends left me", he said saddened.

"That's why you have to find the perfect girl for you", I said.

"I know. And I found you", he said.

"Chresanto.. I'm not your perfect girl. I'm being kept here against my own will"

"So if I let you leave right now, would you?", he asked.

"This is not about me though! It's about you finding someone ELSE", I said loudly.

"This is about you Ava. It always is. You always put me down about my disorder, making everything seem like it was my fault! I didn't have the life you have. My parents died in a plane crash coming home. They were coming home to see me after a trip. But now they're gone! I was out into a group home where the older kids bullied and beat me. And since I was 'the poor kid', I was bullied at school. I ran away from home after I graduated when I was 17. Then I started a new life here. I try to fit in but it's so impossible. It's not like I brought you here to treat you like shit! But you know what? I should because that's how you've been treating me. You don't know what I've been through. How I struggled. You never asked. You just thought I was born like this. You're just cold hearted", he said.

I didn't say anything. I didn't want him to see me cry. I just went upstairs to the room and locked the door. I laid on the bed and started crying. Now that I think about it, I have been acting like a bitch to him. I didn't know that he has been through so much. He didn't have parents or family that cared for him. He had nobody.

*********

Two days later and he still hasn't talked to me.

"Please say something", I pleaded sitting on his bed. He stared straight at the tv. I shook his leg,"TALK TO ME."

"Don't touch me Ava", he growled.

"NO. I'm trying to talk to you but you're IGNORING ME", I yelled. He sat up and got face to face with me.

"What did I tell you about that mouth", he said.

"I don't give a fuck about what you said. You need to listen to me", I replied.

"Get out"

"No. What are you gonna do? Beat me again then apologize after. Huh? I dare you", I taunted.

"Don't start with me right now."

I pushed him away,"OKAY!" I walked to the door and he pushed me against it.

"So you think you could put your hands on me now?", he growled. He gripped my wrist tight and put them over my head.

"Well you can, can't you?", I asked.

We stared intensely at each other before, FINALLY, he leaned down and pushed his lips against mine.

•••••••••••

Welp. You Got His Life Story (:

COMMENT AND VOTE