Chapter 3- Shopping for the trip

Eleanor’s Pov

It was Thursday and I was sitting in science with Ashley while we were writing notes. We had been this all lesson and I was over it already, Ben never showed up but it didn’t bother me.

“Guess what?” I whispered to Ashley as she still wrote notes as she answered me.

“Hmm you have a hot twin brother and he is single?”

“No Ash I only have a sister back home and she is 13. But I am going to Bondi next week.” I said trying not to speak to loud otherwise we will get caught.

“No way, I went last break and it was amazing. Make sure you take a bikini to go to the beach and get a tan because you need a little sun.”

“Okay, how about after school we go to the shops” I said so I can get some new clothes and this is the perfect chance to.

“Ashley and Eleanor be quiet” Mr. Stone said. Our science teacher is in his 50’s, by the looks of him and plus his hair is going grey. He won’t let us talk unless we are doing experiments or asking him a question, weird I know but we manage though it.

“Sorry Sir.” Ashley said to him.

We had 2 minutes left so I decided I would start packing up, the rest of the class clearly had the same idea. When the final bell had rung we walked to our lockers which were thankfully side by side and as I was putting my books back into my back pack two hands covered my eyes causing me to scream and jump so high. Ashley was beside me laughing her head off, great friend she is (note my sarcasm in there?).

“Guess who?” the person whispered into my ear sending chills down my spine. This cannot be a good sign.

Ignore it Eleanor.

“Ben” I said with a knowing smirk.

He removed his hands and I turned to face him.

“You idiot, you scared me.” I told him grabbing my back pack with my homework I need.

“Come on, let’s go home I am hungry” Ben moaned as Ashley and I were getting our last bits.

“Okay and Ashley is walking with us and we are going to the shops after” I said as Ashley, Ben and I started to walk home.

Ashley told me what to take and to make sure I have enough money and not to get room service because there is way too much places to eat there. We also talked about random stuff and I told her what school was like back home in Southampton and a bit about my family, but leaving out the reasons why I am actually here. Ben had his input every now and then.

When we walked in the front door I yelled out hello and got no answer, so I went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple because we are all out of skittles while Ashley grabbed a banana and Ben walked to his room I am assuming.

After we talked some more we decided to look for someone so we could go to the shops. After 5 minutes we saw Merve in the backyard looking at his phone.

“Hey Merve, how was your day?” I asked sweetly.

“Hey El, what do you want? And my day was good. What about yours?” Merve said as he saw straight though me, dam it!

“Not bad, can you please take Ashley and I to the mall?”

“Sure let me get my wallet and keys. I might as well get the groceries while you girls are shopping” Merve said walking to his room.

“You need to learn to drive El” Ben said coming out of no where

“For your information I am on my L’s. What about you? I don’t see you driving” I said matter of factually.

“I just got my P’s before mum and dad went to see my brother and they took the car” Ben told me with a knowing smirk like he knew he won this battle.

“Well at least when I go for my P’s in a couple of weeks I will have my own car”

“Well then you can drive us to school instead of us walking” Ben told me.

“Girls are you ready?”

“Yep, see you later loser” i said to Ben and walked out.

At the shops i brought shirts, shorts, bikinis and a new pair of shoes. When I saw Merve and the groceries I hoped he brought skittles.

“Hey did you get skittles?”

“Yes El, I got them” Merve said as they walked to the car.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

It was now Friday after noon and I was doing homework so I could pack and get ready for Bondi. I heard a knock on my door as I was half way though working on my math problem.

“Come in” I called out.

“Hey El-

“Ben leave now”

“What’s-

“Ben just leave” I was getting angry and I had my face hidden by my hair.

“Why I just-

“JUST LEAVE NOW” I screamed at him.

Ben did not move and I heard footsteps coming towards my desk.

“Just tell me why El and I will”

The footsteps stop and started to walk in the other direction. He sat on the bed and I could feel him looking at me. I turned around in my chair and he had a confused look on his face.

“Okay. Happy now you know I wear coloured glasses. Go and tell everyone that I do, make them laugh at me. Be just like every other person I know” I looked up at Ben and yelled at him angrily and ran out of my room.

As I was running down the stair I heard Ben calling me but all I wanted to do was hid from him. And I found the perfect spot. The laundry cupboard.

“El please come out of there I want to talk to you” Ben said with a pleading voice.

“No, you got what you want now go” I said on the verge of tears.

“El please comes out for dinner I got you your favourite, dumplings” Kate said in a reassuring voice.

“Fine but only because you said Kate and I am hungry and want dinner” I told Kate and probably Ben because I haven’t hear any footsteps leave yet.

I still had my glasses on but I would not move and I think Kate read my mind.

“Ben can you please go and set the table for dinner while I talk to Eleanor”

“Sure I hope she doesn’t hate me now” Ben said sounding sincere.  

“You can come out now El” Kate told me.

“Why did you yell at Ben you know he wouldn’t do anything like that, I heard it all and think you should let Ben know?” Kate told me knowing she was right.

As we entered the dining room Ben came over to me straight away.

“El I am so sorry about earlier I just thought-

“Well you could of just left and let me tell you when I ready, in fact I was going to tell sometime while we were in Bondi but now you know” I told Ben angrily and grabbed some dinner and made my way to the lounge room.

“El wait. I think……”

_____________________________________________________________

Here you go my readers, hope you are liking the story.

Lolliepop_girl