Chapter 5- Picture of Eleanor

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I went to turn around and saw Ben had an arm out trying to turn off the annoying sound I set. I had a hard time trying not to laugh as he had one eye barley open and the other completely shut. After a couple of seconds I just decided to climb over Ben and hit the of button, as I went to climb back over he stopped me so I was now straddling his hips.

“One; I could get use to wakening up  like this and two why are we up at 5am” he groaned but opened his eyes as best as he could and still held onto me so I couldn’t move.

“Well let’s see. We get to go to Bondi for the whole week”  I said and started to bounce up and down on the spot.

“El! stop bouncing, you are hurting me” Ben said ruining my fun and pushed me of but I got up and walked out of my bed room leaving Ben in pain.

“What do you want for breakfast?” I questioned as I heard him come down the stairs behind me.

“Well i would like to go back in time and make sure you didn’t start bouncing on me” as he said that Merve and Kate gave us a funny look and I went bright red in the face so I turned my back and grabbed some fluff and a muffin.

“Um Ben would you mind explaining why you came down the stairs with your hands over your lower half and telling El you would make sure she didn’t start bouncing on you” Merve questioned Ben.

“Well this morning her alarm went off and it was making an annoying sound and she climbed over me so she could turn it off because I was to tired to open my eyes and when she went to climb back over I stopped her so she was straddling me and one thing led to another and she said we were going to Bondi today and began getting excited and started bouncing and well we know what happens next”  Ben said coming over to get a muffin for himself before I put it in the toaster.

“What is fluff” he said opening the lid and sticking his figure in it. Before he would continue with his actions I snatched the fluff of him and gave him a dirty look before answering his question.

“Firstly fluff is a marshmallow and its American, read the label. Secondly it is mine and no one else eats it because they just know its mine. Thirdly, if you want some you have to be nice to me” I stated matter of factly.

“and because I am nice you may some this morning” I told Ben.

After breakfast we got changed and started our journey to Bondi. Ben drove even though I have my license I don’t have a car. We played I spy for about an hour but then we ran out of things to say. We stopped for breakfast and had to put fuel in the car as well.

Around 6 at night we made it to Melbourne and I was ready for dinner then bed. We met Merve and Kate at the hotel.

“Hey guys. Here is your key and we will be a few doors down. Come back in 15 minutes and we will go to dinner.” Merve said giving us a key each to our room.

As we walked into the elevator I hit floor 4 and leaned against Ben so he was behind me and wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head.

Maybe I should give him a chance and go out with him

No Eleanor you promised yourself and he will just get to know your secrets and dump you

But I want to, he is so nice and caring

Urge whatever but don’t tell me the little annoying voice giving you rational thoughts was right at the end of the year.

“You look deep in thought” Ben's voice broke me out of my inner battle.

“Yea I was but I got an answer so it’s all good”

“Okay well let’s go and put our stuff in the room and head back down so we can get dinner and go to bed”

“That would be good, I am tired” I said as I went to grab my bags and head out the lift and to our room.

“Room 243” Ben said as we reached it.

“Wow this is nice. Can we just order room service and go to sleep I don’t want to go down” I said as I flopped onto the big double bed.

“Come on El we have to go”

As I turned around to sit up my phone went of signalling I had a text message.

---- From Kate----

What do you think of Ben?

--------

Well that was blunt but I am going to tell her the truth.

--To Kate—

I have had a change of heart and I want to date him but I doubt that he would. Plus once he knows ALL my secrets BAM!! There goes the relationship and I am left heartbroken.

------

We went down to meet Merve and Kate and Kate's friend from work. We all headed out for dinner. we found this nice little café not to far from where we are staying. When we got a seat we had a boy around my age serve us and I noticed he was checking me out from the look in his eyes and when Ben tensed up it surprised me and confirmed my suspicion that he was. After I had ordered I grabbed Ben's hand under the table and gave it a squeeze and held it. While we waited for our order neither Ben nor I made a move to separate our hands and I was glad. Everyone made small talk but it was mostly Merve, Kate her work friend Macy and her husband Scott that talked to each other and Ben and I talked to each other about what we want to do tomorrow. When our food came we let hands separate and I had a weird felling, I missed Ben's touch and I wanted it more, even if it was holding hands under the table it was enough for me. After dinner we headed back to the hotel and headed our separate ways. In the elevator I leaned against Ben and he hugged me from behind again. As soon as we got to the hotel i changed into the shirt Ben wore today and my pyjama shorts. It looked like I didn’t have any shorts on because of how big it was. When I turned around I noticed Ben was standing there in his boxers and smiling at me. As we got into bed I moved over to Ben and rested my head against his shoulder.

That night I slept peacefully.

A/N sorry for the late update but i had lots on and its getting toward the end of term so i will be busy with school and writing but i will try and update within the next 2 week.

please don’t be a silent reader. Give me feedback so I can make the story better