Chapter 4 - Wedding Reunion

Chapter 4

Wedding Reunion

oOo

The ghosts that we knew made us black and all blue

But we'll live a long life

And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view

And we'll live a long life. ~ Mumford and Sons ~

oOo

Zak packed his bags and received the papers from Mark that evening. He flipped through them quickly but most of it was all legal mambo jumbo to him and as long as it made him single in the end he didn't really care what it said. He stuffed them in his suitcase and called to reserve a flight to Miami, Florida as soon as possible, which was not until tomorrow morning.

Now he had a whole evening to try to keep himself distracted. He headed to his small sound proof room where he did all the editing for the show. It was a little known fact, but all the footage from the show was edited and narrated right here in his small studio, with his laptop. Of course when something needed further analysis they sent it to specially trained people to take a look at it, but most of the time he did it himself in the studio with Aaron and Billy

He had over eighty hours of footage to go over, married or not he had work to do, so it was time to get to work. But before he had a chance to start anything his phone rang.

-"Hey, what's up?" Aaron's voice came from the other end.

-"Hey, I was just about to go over some of our footage."

-"Cool. What time we leaving tomorrow?"

-"What do you mean we?" Zak asked suspiciously.

-"Mark called me; he doesn't want you to go alone, so you get a travel buddy."

-"No way, Aaron. I am going solo on this." He said firmly.

-"Aw come on, I'll be good, I promise, and I already bought my ticket anyway."

Zak swore.

-"Fine, whatever. Pick me up at ten." Zak growled into the phone before hanging up.

oOo

Aaron arrived at exactly ten o'clock the next morning. Zak threw his bag in the trunk and they were off to the airport.

-"I can't wait to get to Miami!" Aaron exclaimed. "Beaches, hot chicks in bikinis, swimming, great night clubs with hot girls dancing ... did I mention hot chicks?" He chatted excitedly.

-"It's not a leisure trip. I'm going to get her to sign the papers, and then we are coming right back home to get some work done. Got it?" Zak said tightly as he drummed his fingers on his lap.

-"Yeah, sure, whatever ..." Aaron grinned. "You are going to be fun to babysit."

Zak ignored his friend and looked out the window at the quick fading scenery of casinos and people. He wasn't quite sure what he was going to say to Anastasia yet. He really didn't do awkward and uncomfortable situation. He purposely stayed away from them, he didn't do the whole emotional thing either, and he hoped like hell this girl would understand that he didn't want to be married.

oOo

The flight was uneventful. Zak had worn one of his many baseball hats along with his thick, black, nerd glasses which were prescription. He found if he shoved the hat low enough on his head no one gave him a second glance, and just in case that wasn't enough he kept his headphones in which was connected to his phone, with music blasting out of it. That way he didn't have to listen to Aaron's annoying chatter. Zak did love his fans but there were times where I just wanted to be left alone, and this was one of those times.