The Girl Who Lived

Guys, I am so sorry I haven't been updating! My laptop is broken, and won't turn on! Right now, I am using my Dad's laptop, which I unfortunately will be unable to do for a while. But, I'll try to use it when I can. Hopefully, we'll be able to fix it soon (because my parents would probably never get me a new one) and I can get back to updating a lot more. Until further notice, enjoy the chapters I am able to put out. 

Aphmau's POV

"W-What do you mean?!" Laurence asked, and the worry in his voice was obvious. "I mean.. I'm going... I'm going to live.." I whispered, mostly to myself, because I was unsure of what it meant entirely when I first said it. "How d-do you know?" He asked. I allowed a small smile to play on my lips as I thought about being on the brink of death. "Because- because you know when you're dying," I began, looking into Laurence's wide-set eyes. He was actually shaking. I am, too. "And you know when y-you're not.." I dropped my heavy eyelids and allowed myself a break. "Aphmau! Stay with me!" Laurence panicked, shaking me. "I'm fine, just resting my eyes!" I assured him. He breathed a sigh of relief, and I almost giggled, except my body is too worn-out for that. Instead, the corners of my mouth just twitch a little bit.

"I should, uh, get a doctor, or something..." Laurence scratched the back of his neck awkwardly as he left the room, leaving me to my thoughts. Has he had feelings for me this whole time? Does he have feelings for me, or did he just kiss me because I was dying?  Questions and thoughts sped through my mind like race cars. I frowned as each one hit me. Any of these could be false- but any of them could be true.

Your POV

Garroth put his arm around me. I wailed frantically into his shirt, tear drops dotting the red fabric. "I don't want her to die, I don't want her to die, I don't want her to die.." I whispered. The rest of the gang went to Nicole's place to give me my space. "She doesn't deserve it." Garroth murmured softly. I glanced up, and his face wasn't it's usual, unreadable, hard expression. Instead, a couple of silent tears slid down his face. His expression was shallow- and I knew this was real. If Garroth was crying... it was real. 

A loud noise snapped me from my thoughts. "I-I-I'll g-get it." I said, getting off the bed. My phone was ringing, it's 'brrings' echoing through the room. "No, I'll answer it." Garroth said, placing a hand on my stomach to stop me from going any further. His face went back to the stony, hard. emotionless face as always. I didn't feel like arguing so I let him go. "Hello?" I heard him answer. His eyes instantly lit up, and he was bouncing on the balls of his feet. Garroth Ro'Meave was bouncing on the balls of his feet. He was actually bouncing on the balls of his feet. This must have been good. 

"Amazing! Fantastic!" He grinned. What could be fantastic right now. We're supposed to be crying to each other at the soon loss of our friend. He hung up and turned to me. "APHMAU'S GONNA LIVE!" He practically screamed. "KEEP IT DOWN!" Joe, the person who lives above me, yelled. He's old. Really old. I jumped up, new tears of disbelief welling in my eyes. "This better not be a sick joke!" I beamed. "It's not!" He replied with excitement coating his voice. We ran to the car, excitement bubbling in my chest. I couldn't believe it! Aph was gonna live!

....

By the time we got there, a bunch of Aph's 'girlfriends' were there. Funny thing though, they were so calm. I walked over to them, figuring we have something in common now. "Can you believe Aph is gonna live?!" I ask them happily. "Aph?" One girl inquires, being the first to tear her eyes away from her phone. "Aphmau." I say. She blows a big, pink bubble with chewing gum before answering. "Oh, Aphmau. Is that the girl we're here for?" She asks cluelessly. "Bad friend much?" I reply. "Pfft, at least we have friends." Another girl counters. I choke down a retort. "I could have sworn it was Stacy." One girl says without glancing away from her social media. "I'm right here!" Says the girl I recognize at Laurence's wannabe girlfriend. 

"Hmph!" I imitate her from school one day as I walk away. I see Garroth motioning toward me. I run after him and we get to Aph's room. She still looks sick, but not as bad. "OH MY GOSH!" I shriek. "I could kiss you right now!" Aphmau smiles a bit. "Laurence already did." She muttered. "What?" Garroth asks for me. Aph's cheeks glowed bright pink. "Nothing!" I look at Garroth, who looked at me. "You have some explaining to do later, missy." I joke. "But you almost died so you're off the hook.

Aphmau, the girl who lived.

Any potterheads in the crowd? I sure am one!