Not Today ~ FINALE PT. 1 ~ Chapter 44

Your POV

"No. Absolutely not." Garroth said crossly. I looked at him warningly, 
"Why not? I don't suppose you have an idea?" Aaron, Adolpha, Katelyn, and Em were watching curiously. 
"It's just too dangerous! We can figure something else out, (y/n)." He argued. I crossed my arms, a strict expression etched on my face.
"I can handle myself, Garroth! I'll be fine. I'll distract Sasha, you guys can sneak in, I'll play dead and when she comes back, ambush her!" I repeat.
Garroth ran his hand through his hair, sighing as he contemplated. I had a point there, he didn't have a better idea.

"Gah, fine! But how are you even going to find Sasha, anyway?" He asked skeptically. I rolled my eyes as if it was obvious. "Keep her on the phone long enough to track her."
He quirked an eyebrow, "How will you track her?" I smirked at him as I replied. "Someone told me you were good with technology."

And that's how we ended up here; all huddled around my cell phone, as the ringer sounded repetitively. "Hi there," A voice finally answered. Garroth swiveled around, on a pc that was hooked up on my phone. "Sasha, you have gone too far!" I said lethally. "Oh honey, you have no idea what I can do..." She whispered dramatically. I glanced at Garroth, who was not finished. "Sasha, do you plan on killing anyone else anytime soon?" I asked cautiously. "Wouldn't you like to know. Say," She paused. "Wanna play a game?" Garroth was still working. "What are the rules?" I asked. "It's simple!" She wailed happily. "I kill one of your friend's everyday, until you find me." She recited. "And then, once you find me, I kill the rest of them and you, in the very same day, haha!" She giggled playfully, and I cringed.

Garroth caught my attention, he gestured to me to hang up. "Let me think about it..." I drew it out, waiting. "No." I went to hang up, but I heard a shout on the other line. "Wait!" 

I hold the phone to my ear. "Look sweets, I do plan on killing your friends, but.." She waited. "If you come to me tonight, I'll kill you and spare them. Deal?" I swallowed hard, and looked at Garroth's warning signals.

"Deal."

I hung up, and winced in preparation to face Garroth's wrath. "WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" He yelled. I flinched. "Garroth," I chided. "No! Don't 'Garroth' me!" He threw up his hands in frustration. "I'll be fine..." I paused for a second, collecting my thoughts. "And if I'm not... at least nobody else has to die."

"You think she's an honest person? You think she'll keep her end of the deal? Because she won't." I looked at the ground. "Garroth, I have to try." I said softly. "What have I got to lose anyway?" My voice was feeble and quiet. "What have you got to lose?" He repeated incredulously. He lifted my head up with his hand. "Maybe you don't think you have anything," He whispered. "But I do. You're all I have left. I can't look for Zane on my own, either." I smiled slightly. 

"Please, Garroth... let me do this."

He looked at me sternly, and opened his mouth to yell. But instead came out one word.

"Okay."

My eyes widened slightly. Okay? He was going to let me. I wasn't the only one shocked, as everyone else in the room's eyes practically bulged out of their head. "Besides," I added. "The other plan wouldn't have worked. Sasha would make sure I was dead." Garroth rolled his eyes, but I could see emotion in them anyway. "That's what I've been saying!" 

~~~~~~~~~~

Garroth's POV

I called everyone here, besides (y/n) of course. "Guys, we're following her." I announced confidently. "What?" Katelyn asked. "She's gonna be furious if she sees us!" I nodded. "But will she be that mad if we save her life?" Aaron addressed. "Wouldn't be the first time she was," I mumbled slightly, under my breath. "Aaron's got a point." Em said. "Yeah. I'm in." Adolpha said. "Me too." Aaron said. "Same." Katelyn agreed. Everyone decided to follow, and we waited until later that night, when she was about to leave.

I met her by the door. She was wearing leather boots and a jacket, with leggings and a red shirt. "Garroth.." She whispered, placing her hand on my face gently. I put my hand on top of hers. "Remember something for me," I said in a breathy voice.

"Mmhm?" She murmered. "You're not dying tonight."

And then I placed my lips on hers. I ran my fingers through her hair. I lightly bit her lips, as f asking for enterence. She opened her mouth, and our lips moved in synch, our tongues dancing together. 

The kiss seemed to last for years. She clutched my hoodie, smiling against my lips. She smelled like peppermint, and I wondered if she ate a mint before hand, because her mouth tasted like it too. We stopped, and put out foreheads together. "I have to go," she said in a breathy voice. "Okay.." I stepped back, my thumb grazing her cheekbone as I pulled away.

"You're not dying today," I called as she closed the door, a tear running down her face. My eyes were watering too. "Not today.."

I waited a few minutes. "Guys!" I yelled. Everyone came out, and I nodded. We went the backway to the warehouse we tracked Sasha to. 

"Oh (y/n), you showed up!" I heard Sasha giggle. (y/n) grunted in response.

"Just kill me already," She said, and I heard the sound of a gun dropping.

No...

Hi guys...

So this is the first part of the finale. It's gonna get really sad from here on, so... sorry in advance. Love you guys...