She's Been Killed ~ Part 42

Your POV

My eyes flutter open and I find myself in an unfamiliar room. Everything is... off. My vision is blurred, and it feels like I'm underwater. A sharp pain brings my attention to my wrist, where a woman ,who I didn't notice, inserted a large needle. Spots bounced around the room. Or was it just my eyes? "You're.. awake.." She said, tentatively. I tried to speak, but my mouth just made a brittle noise, like some sound effect from a horror movie. She picks up a tall glass of water. "Drink." She instructs,  gesturing to the water. I try to move my arm, but I find that they seem to be heavier than when.. well, than I thought they were. What happened. "Oh!" She shouts in realization, probably remembering that I can't hold the glass. "Sorry, I forgot." She gingerly moves the glass toward my lips, tipping it back. "Take small sips." She allowed me to drink two sips before taking it away. My throat felt much better. "Thank...you." A voice that most definitely didn't sound like me said. But, I said it. My voice has changed drastically, I notice.

Then, an image of a blonde teen fills my thoughts. Garroth! What happened? Is he okay?

**** A couple months earlier ****

Garroth screams in a high-pitch, girl-like shriek. I laugh at him, and a brilliant red stains his cheeks. "He shouldn't have gone in there," I comment, turning back into the horror movie we were watching. "This doesn't scare you at all?" He asked in disbelief. "Nope!" I answer, popping the P. "You're insane." He claims. I roll m eyes. My phone rings, and Garroth's face immediately hardens. I check the caller ID. "Don't worry, it's just Nicole."

Every since Sasha called me, Garroth gets very... concerned, about my phone ringing. He presses play on the movie, much more relaxed now. "Hey Nicole, I was just-" I'm cut off by a horrible sound. The screech of a young girl. A scream that sounds like it could be in the movie we're watching. Nicole's shriek. I yelp, and terror fills my mind. "HELP-MHPHMPH!" She screams, and then all the yelling goes silent. A quiet giggling is all I can hear, and it grows until it's a horrid laugh that pierces my thoughts. Sasha. I hang up, and Garroth silently asks what happened. "We have to go to Nicole's place." I say, in a breathless, raspy voice. We sprint to the car and head to her house. 

When we get there, we let ourselves in and go to her room. On the floor is a small note. It reads: Watch your back...

I look at Garroth. And he turns around. Nicole's limp body seems to float in the doorway. I clamp my hand over my mouth to stop a scream. Tears start streaming from my eyes and I can't breath. Garroth slowly walks toward her, and places to fingers on her neck. He looks at me, and shakes his head. "OH GOD!" I shriek, "OH GOD OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE?" My eyes are shut, and I'm shaking. "We have to go.." He says. I don't respond, except with another series of spine-chilling shrieks. Her body is violently pale, except for the many purpley-blue bruises covering her body. Her face is bare, but her eyes are open. Her clothes are shredded and her feet are shoeless. And then a thought strikes me.

She was pregnant.

"Garroth.." I whisper, my voice shaking so much my words are not properly enunciated. "She.. she was pregnant." I cry. His face goes blank, and then realization hits him. "We've got to go.." He says quietly. Too quietly. I've never heard his voice like this. "We've got to go." He repeats, softly. I still don't move. "WE'VE GOT TO GO!" He yells. I cry out again. "Garroth!" I shriek in cries, my face contorted. "Y-Y-You're scaring me!" 

"I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry..." He whispers. He runs his fingers through his hair. Then, his expression changes to realization.

"The others."

/////

We rush to the car in a sprint, we both get our phone's out. "I'll call A." I say in a breathy voice. "Aaron." I dial A's number. "You scared the living daylights outta me and- I mean, me." She said. I wish I could take on the same joking manner as her, but I know she won't have it after I tell her. "A," I say with seriousness. "Nicole's... Sasha's ... she's..." I can't say it. "(F/N)..." She sounds worried. She should be. "Nicole's dead." I say quickly. "Oh.. oh my god.." I hear her repeat it to someone with tears. "Who are you talking to?" I ask. "...."  Silence. "...Aaron." She said. I nudge Garroth, and mouth him to call someone else. "I'm sorry.. I know you and Nicole were.." And that was all it took. I couldn't see her, but the screams of horror and gasping for breath forced me to envision her on the ground, with vile detail.

Nicole's dea