Simplest Things ~ Chapter 30

Don't play video yet

Adolpha's POV (exciting!)

Oh god, oh god, oh god... What?! I definitely, did NOT kiss Aaron. And I  most certainly DO NOT like Aaron, either. I don't even know him, and god forbid we become anything. Yeah, nope. Ugh, I'm thinking about him... "Pull yourself together.." I sigh to myself. "Do you talk to yourself often?" I voice says, and I jump. "Jesus, have you ever heard of knoc-" I turn around to see Aaron, and immediately turn bright red. I curse myself for it. "How do you think I stay sane?" I ask as I turn back around. I can hear him taking steps toward me. I'm sitting on a balcony in Garroth's old apartment, making sure Sasha doesn't leave. Except I jumped the fence protecting the small platform, and I'm dangling my legs down. "Why do you need to pull yourself together?" He asked. I close my eyes. "Because my life is one big mess." 
"Mine too." I open my eyes. Is he pretending nothing happened between us? I mean, I am as well, but is he? I suddenly stand up and jump over the fence. Except my leg hits the side and I bounce off. My lungs seem to jump into my heart as I realize I'm falling to my death. But- I'm not going anywhere. I look around after opening my eyes. It's that moment that I realize Aaron's arm is wrapped around my wrist. I look down at the tiny cars underneath me. I swallow hard as he pulls me up.

I steadily look at my feet as I say, "T-Thank you.." Dangit, A, you were supposed to come off strong. "No problem." He replied softly. I stare him dead in the eye. "You just saved my life, dammit! I'd be dead, smushed on that concrete and-" I take a deep breath and look at my feet. I'm not supposed to get all nervous like this because of someone I'm around... But I am. God, what is wrong with me?

"Well.. I'm going to, uh, leave.." I said, awkwardly left towards the door. "Yeah, I have some business to take care of as well." He said. I mentally sigh that I have to deal with his presence for that much longer. "Okay." I reply as I walk to the elevator. I press the 'Lobby' button and wait. The doors reopen and Aaron gestures for me to walk through. I walk through the door, and trip on the threshold. I feel his firm hand on my stomach, protecting me from falling. My cheeks burn as I stand up straight. "I um.." I pause, searching for what to say. "I guess I'm, uh, pretty clumsy today.." I laugh awkwardly. "Your cute when you blush." He said. His hands shot up to his mouth when he said that, and I decide to take advantage of the one opportunity where he is blushing. "And your cute when you're flustered." I wink, before turning on my heel and walking away. Then I walk slam into the glass door of the apartment building. I sigh, and push open the door before leaving.

/////

Your POV

I'm chilling on the roof when Adolpha appears and sits next to me. "I need help." She said flatly. "About?" "Feelings. Are you a therapist?"
I laugh. "No, but we can pretend." "I don't know.. it's embarrassing." She admits. "Hey, what's something that makes you comfortable?" I ask. "Singing." She replies. "But I'm not very good." I nod, "Well, sing it." She nods in response, and opens her mouth.

" You're lips move with delicacy as you say, 'hello'."
"And time stops, I look at your eyes like a deer in the headlights."
"And I'm blown away, there's electricity running through my veins."
"I can't do the simplest things around you,"
"It's like I'm scared your reading into my thoughts."
"No I can't do the simplest things around you,"
"Life's been flipped, I'm taking baby steps once more."
"It's like you have silenced my words before I can speak."
"My hands shake, there must be an earthquake, I'm feeling my heart ache."
"And I'm blown away, there's electricity running through my veins."
"And I can't do the simplest things around you,"

"It's like I'm scared your reading into my thoughts."
"No, I can't do the simplest things around you."
"Life's been flipped, I'm taking baby steps once more."
"One foot in front of the other, one heart right next to the other,"
"My whole mind undercover,"
"One foot in front of the other, on heart right next to the other one,"
"My whole mind undercover,"
"'Cause I can't do the simplest things around you,"
"It's like I'm scared you're reading into my thoughts.
"No I can't do the simplest things around you,"
"Life's been flipped, I'm  taking baby steps once more!"
"I can't do the simplest things around you."
"It's like I'm scared your reading into my thoughts."
"No, I can't do the simplest things around you,"
"Life's been flipped, I'm taking baby steps once more."

I grin as she finishes. "Yup, you like him."