Brother I'm Dying ~ FINALE PT. 2 ~ Chapter 45

Garroth's POV

"N-" I tried to run out of the bushes, but Aaron stopped my and cupped my mouth. "Just wait one second.. she may have a plan." He whispered. I glanced at (y/n), then back at Aaron. He released his hand. "But-" I resisted. "Fine. One second."

We turned our attention back to Sasha and (y/n). "Okay. But first, tell your friends to come out." We looked at eachother, most of our gazes frightful. "My friends aren't here, Sasha. A deal's a deal. You kill me, not my friends." She said meekly. "I don't believe you... But don't worry, they'll come out after this." Before I could think about it, she pulled out a knife and swiftly stabbed her abdomin. (y/n) let out a loud, throaty howl. "NO!" I yelled, leaping out of the bushes. Sasha smirked, and pulled out the knife. "G-Garroth! What are y-you doing here?!" She tried to scold. Her voice was fragile as she hugged her wound. I kneeled down next to her, rubbing her shoulder.

"You s-shouldn't be here.." She whispered, her breath staggering. I bit my lip and looked at Sasha. "Well you've got us," I gestured to everyone else around me, with anxious expressions. "What do you want with us?" 

"Well," Sasha began, a tight-lipped smile on her face. "I get the feeling that the backup was actually your idea, Garroth." She stabbed a finger at me. "And I have the perfect way to punish you for it." I clenched my jaw. Suddenly, a crowd emerged around us from god-knows-where. They were all wearing creepily happy children's masks. I could see a monkey, an elephent, and a green alien mask. "Take them, but don't harm them." Sasha commanded with a glint of cruelty in her eyes.

There were at least three for every one of us, so we had no choice but to allow them to tie us up. Fighting was suicide. We were left alone in a room. "Garroth.." (y/n) broke the silence. "You came here to die, didn't you? That was your plan. To die." A tear forced itself down my face, and I shook my head. I couldn't see her, but I did see a trail of blood to one of the chairs we were tied to. "Garroth please-" I cut her off.

"No. No (y/n), this is.. unforgivable." Before she could reply, Sasha and a few of her "workers" walked in to the damp room, with a figure who was in cuffs. He had a bag over his head, but he seemed very familiar...

No. It wasn't. There's no way.

"Oh Garroth, what a great way to torture you." Sasha smiled evilly. I swallowed hard. "That's not.." I choked. She flashed me a smirk, but didn't reply. She pulled the bag off his head to confirm my suspisions. A struggled sob escaped my mouth. "Z-Zane?"

His face was hollow and sunken, bruises littered his pale skin. His eyes were... empty. He was skinnier than he's ever been, and walked with a limp. There were blood stains on his shirt, and dried blood was trickled under his nose.

I shook my chains, uselessly punching. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HIM!?" I screamed in my rage, tears wetting my face. "STOP, LET HIM GO!" I kicked and punched, praying silently for my chains to loosen and break. In my vengeful state I could still feel a wounding pain in my stomach. Guilt. This was my fault.

"GODDAMNIT SASHA, I SAID LET HIM GO!" I screamed with hostility. My fury died down a bit. "You see, I was just going to kill (y/n), but you just had  to show up. So now I have to kill her and Zane. Gee, Garroth, you always make it worse for yourself." Silent tears streamed down my face, which was drained of color.

"No.. N-No Sasha.. don't do this..." She already killed one brother, she can't kill the other. "Oh Garroth," she chided with mock sympathy. "I'm not going to do this." I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"You are."

My eyes widen slightly. "No. You can kill me, just not him. "Even if it means watching me slit your girlfriend's throat?" She asked with no dignity. I didn't say anything, praying that this was a dream. And any second now I would wake up with (y/n) next to me. 

3rd person POV

Sasha kicked a gun to Garroth. He looked at it in disgust, but didn't move a muscle. She watched curiously, before untying (y/n) and holding the knife to her throat. Garroth bit his lip, every part of his body aching. Shoot his brother, or watch his only love die. "Choose wisely Garroth, for whichever one you save... I will spare." She cautioned with a grotesque grin. Garroth thought hard, his breathing faltered. Everyone watched silently. Garroth's jaw clenched as he picked up the gun. Zane's lifeless eyes showed some, but little emotion.

And that emotion- was guilt. He blamed himself. If he had just stayed, if he just forgave himself while he still could- this descision wouldn't be Garroth's to bear. But it is. All because of him.

Garroth's arm shook as he cocked the gun, and placed his finger gently over the trigger. He squeezed his eyes shut, as he swiftly aimed the gun at his own head and shot. 

His body collapsed to the floor, lifelessly, and a steady pile of blood pooled onto the floor. (y/n) let out a strangled shriek as she ran to the body, falling to her knees in front of it and placing her head on his chest. She choked on her sobs.

Sasha sat there, stunned. Could one love two people so much, he would rather take his own life than their's? She stood frozen in place as she watched the scene unfold. Everyone else watched carefully, tears leaking out of even Aaron's eyes.

Aaron finally managed to break out of his bonds, but it was too little and too late.

He freed everyone else, and called the authorities.

(y/n) laid a gentle kiss on Garroth's forehead, and could think of only one thing to do next.

She picked up the same gun shakily, pressed it to her temple, pulled the trigger,

and everything went black.

And.... Scene.

~A