Run, Boy, Run

Hey, guys, I just wanted to say that this imagine is inspired by the YouTube video above.

Kay, hope you like it.

Let's go.

/-----------------/--------/--------/--/-/------------------------/--------------------------------/--------/-/-------/--------/-----/

[Jack's POV]

"Jack! We gotta go!"

Run, boy, run.

"C'mon!"

I finally gather the strength to reach out and take her hand.  She pulls me to my feet and we take off running again. 

Run, boy, run.

"Crap! They're getting closer!" She yells as I feel their presence get nearer. I feel the pulse of their power throb in my head. No....in my head......my head.........my.........head..................................

"Jack!" I hear her voice from far away. It reaches me as if through a tunnel. Her voice echoes until I feel something on my shoulder.

"JACK!"

I look up into her hazel eyes. They are filled with urgency. I look down and realize that I apparently collapsed to my knees, which is where I still sit, upon the pavement.

"Hello? Jack?" She waves a hand in front of my face and I look back up to her, "We gotta go! They're coming, remember? They're gonna catch us!" She reaches out her hand to me, and for the second time that night, I gratefully take it.

We both arise to our feet and take off running in whatever direction she leads me in. I trust she knows the way.

Run, boy, run.

Their voice in my head is getting louder. We have to keep going. We have to escape until they -

RUN, BOY, RUN.

"Ach!" I cry out in agony, but she catches me in her arms and picks me up. I barely have enough strength to open my eyes and watch as the wind whips her fiery red hair back behind us. It flows around her shoulders like a breathing mound of fire.

She notices me watching her. She glances down at me before looking up again, "Don't worry, Jackaboy, we'll make it out of this."

Run, boy, run.

"Ignore them," she tells me once my mind becomes my own again, "They're just trying to slow us down. We'll survive, I promise." I nod and close my eyes, laying my head on her chest. I hear her racing heart as she continues running.

"No, Ja-!" I hear her exclaim when something happens. I feel myself flung through the air.

I hit the ground a few feet away. The breath is knocked out of me. I am forced to open my eyes....and I gasp at the sight.

They appear behind her, getting closer by the second. Their grey cloaks hide their faces to where they are shrouded in blackness. I've always wondered if they have a face at all. I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a massive black hole.

"Run, Jack, run!" She cries out, as she tries to stand, but falls back down to the pavement.

Should I listen to her? If I leave her here, they'll -

"JACK! Are you even listening to me?" Her sharp tone gets my full attention. I look to her. The way she gazes at me scares me, almost like.....like, she's giving up. A saddened smile is on her face. Strangely, she looks calm.

"Thank you, Jack...for giving me purpose," she mutters. A single tear slips from her hazel eyes and rolls down her flushed cheek, "It's just what I needed."

I open my mouth to scream but am cut off by the harsh screech of them. They raise an empty sleeve and all goes white. It's like a sudden atomic bomb went off and the leftover light is all I see. However, at that exact moment, I know she has left this existence. I didn't even know her name.......

I feel the ground around me and, using my last bit of instincts, I ignore my roaring emotions, turn around, and run.

Run, boy, run

Kay, guys, that's all I have in me for now, but if you want a part two, just say so. I have an idea planned, but I want to know what you guys think.

Til next time.

Faith Magnolia