Prophetic Dream

I can't sleep. I know that much.

I lift my head from my pillow and look around my dark room. My dresser is just a cherry oak slab of material in the dark, you can barely tell where he drawer handles are. My music box is a quiet entity, that no longer sings its happy song.

My window is open, which gives me an idea.

I quickly get dressed in something more appropriate for a late night walk. I dress in a pair of dirty jeans that don't smell bad, a shirt that reads 'you're beautiful,' and my old pair of sneakers.

Leaving the window cracked behind me when I leave, I tip toe into the night.

I reach Sean's house in as little as a few minutes. Seven to be exact. His cabin isn't that far away.

I consider knocking on the door, but I don't want to wake him, so I check his window instead. Lucky for me, it just happens to be unlocked.

I climb over the sill and flop loudly into his floor. I crawl the rest of the way to his bed.

I raise up, like a meerkat, to see if he's awake.

He's not.

I crawl on top of the sheets he wears. I lay my head on his chest, hoping that I can sleep with him until he awakens and takes me home or until the sun rises and I have to leave.

"Mmmbaabbe, mmmm," he mumbles in his sleep. I smile, knowing for sure I heard the word 'babe' in there somewhere.

We lay there in silence until he starts to become restless.

"No, mmm, babe, no, please don't......" he has a certain sense of urgency in his voice.

I rub the back of my hand on his cheek, "It's okay, babe, I'm here. Nothing's gonna happen as long as I'm here."

I brush his green hair out of his eyes as he falls back into his deep sleep. I hear him go back to sleep, snoring softly.

"No, I don't want you to move away....." he murmurs for the last time. Then he falls asleep for good. 

I don't know why, but whatever dream he's having is scaring  me. But I leave him to his colorful imagination.

Before long, the sun begins to rise, shining me in the face, and telling me that it's time to go.

I raise myself up on my knees and gaze at Jack's cute face while he still sleeps. 

I smile, leave a sealed kiss on his lips, and hurry out the window and across the field back to my own room.

I wrap myself in my own sheets, just a second before my parents come in.

"Time to wake up and pack, sweety," they tell me.

I try to act like I just woke up as I sit up and stretch, "Wha.....?"

Mom smiles apologetically, "I'm sorry, honey, but we're moving."

"WHAT?!"

And that's it for this one. And I will see all of you guys in the next story!!!

FM