Chapter 16

Emma's POV:

After another interview and another meet and greet, the boys, my mom, Angela and I haven't eaten since we first ate breakfast. I was starving and I bet everyone else was too.

I was the first to step into the tour bus. Since my mom isn't in the same tour bus as me and everyone else, I walked to the refrigerator and garbed the frozen, boxed pasta and put it in the microwave. I was so hungry and I wasn't willing to share it with anyone.

"You look like a mama bear protecting her bear cubs." Angela said as she walked into the tour bus.

"Can't a person just eat their food without being criticized?" I said, as I shoved more of the pasta in my mouth.

"Can I at least have some?" Angela asked, as she took out a fork from the cupboard.

"No."

Angela still stuck her fork into my precious pasta and ate a piece.

"Angie!" I said, as I whined.

"Sorry..." Angela said, as if she didn't do it on purpose.

As the boys came in, each of them took a piece of my precious pasta.

"Oh. I will kill you all." I said, bringing my pasta into the bathroom and decided to lock myself in there and finish the remains of my beloved pasta.

When I finished eating what was left of my food, I went to go see what they were doing.

"Hey guys."

"Hey." Everyone else said.

"Emma, can I please talk to you?" Luke said.

*ring ring*

"Wait up." I said.

"But i think we should talk about it now." Luke persisted.

"How about later?"

"Hello." I said, answering my phone as I sat down next to the boys and Angela.

"It's me." I recognized Bryce's voice over the phone.

"What are you doing right now."

"It hasn't even been a day and you called me already." I said, laughing.

"Sorry, did I call too soon? Did that make me seem desperate?"

"No, it's fine."

When I was about to say another word, Luke grabbed my phone out of my hand.

"Luke, what are you doing?" I said, as I crossed my arms.

"Hello?" Luke said into my phone.

I couldn't hear what Bryce said but Luke then, turned off the phone and handed it back to me.

"What the heck Luke?" I said, as I gritted my teeth.

"We need to talk." Luke said.

"Well we could've talked after I finished talking to Bryce."

"Bryce, rice, bruise, whatever his name is. He's all you've been talking about lately."

"A day hasn't even passed yet!" I said, as I raised my voice.

"Children stop fighting." Ashton said.

"Sort it out, outside." He said, as he pushed us both out the door.

"Luke, what's wrong with you? First your normal, then you start to act weird. Sometimes it seems like your on your period!"

"We needed to talk." Luke said.

"Well, we could've talked after I was talking to Bryce." I said, again.

"He doesn't even seem like your type. Why are you wasting your time on him?"

"You can't tell me who I'm supposed to be interested in or not."

Even though I knew he was right, I still had the right to talk to whoever I want.

"We need to talk." Luke said again.

"We are talking! What's so important?" I said, getting frustrated.

"Stop yelling at me." Luke said.

"I'm sorry." I said, as I shed a tear.

"Emma."

"Tell me what you need to tell me." I said, as I whipped my tears away.

"I want to take you out on a date."

"That's all you needed to tell me?" I said, as a small smile started to form on the corners of my lips.

"Yeah, I thought I should've asked you before anyone else did."

"I'm sorry, but no."

"Oh. No one has ever said no." Luke said, not making any eye contact with me.

It's not that I didn't want to date him, I just didn't want to deal with the drama that comes with it and one day Luke will realize that he can date someone way better than me. I don't want to make the fandom mad and I especially don't want to be a set back in Luke's career.

"But we can still be friends you know?"

"Just friends?"

"Yeah, if your lucky maybe even best friends. Just don't tell Angie." I said, trying to lighten up the mood.

Luke's POV:

No? I've never been rejected. The only person that's ever rejected me was Aleisha and I was lucky enough to get to be her boyfriend. Emma saying no, made me want her even more. It made me want to know why she said no.

"Can I ask you one more thing?"

"Sure." She said, as I saw the nervous look in her eyes.

"It's about the time when we kissed."

"Can we just talk about this later?" She asked.

As she was about to walk away, I pulled her into a kiss.

"Luke! You don't go around and just randomly kiss people. What if they didn't want to be kissed?"

"So your saying you did wanted to be kissed?" I said as a smirk formed on my face.

"I-I didn't say that." She said as she stuttered.

"Luke, the kiss meant nothing to me." She said, as her tone became serious.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm sure. All we did was kiss maybe even made out for a while but we barley knew each other."

"Your lying."

"Why would I be lying?"

"I can feel it. Even if we just met, we still had a connection."

"Luke, it's not a connection if you're the only one who can feel it."

AN: I'll promise to update just pls keep reading! :)