Chapter 24

Emma's POV: 

After the movie, Angela headed back to our hotel room. I decided to go and pay my mom a visit. She was probably worrying in her room because I totally forgot to read the texts she sent me as I was having my breakdown in the boys' room. 

"Emma?" My mom asked with sigh of relief before she even opened the door. 

"Mom." I said, as I hugged her and broke down in her arms. I didn't know what came over me. A bunch of emotions just started pouring out of me.

"You don't have to tell me what happened but if you need too, I can book you a flight back to California. I really want to be there for you but I can't leave the tour."

"Are you sure you can't come?"

 "I'm sorry sweetie. I know the boys are grown but this year, I have to keep an eye on them because for some reason he boys have been having a bunch of drama with the paparazzi." My mom said, already booking the flight.

"I think I need some space and going back home would a nice idea." I said, thinking about how Angela would feel.

"Okay. Just tell me if Angela wants to come along. I'm sure she'll understand your decision. 

I walk out of my mom's room and head to our room. There, I saw Luke sitting on the floor next to the door. He was sobbing. He got up when he heard my footsteps and tried to explain but I just ignored him and walked straight into the room.

"Angie, I have to tell you something." I said, twiddling with my fingers.

"What is it?" She said, as she walked towards me with open arms.

"I want to go back to California. You don't have to come with me because I know you want to spend some more time with Calum and I just really need some space." I said, as I wiped my tears.

This trip was a total disaster. All I wanted to do was cry. Everything was happening so quickly, it didn't even seem real. I just need to leave as soon as possible and experience the reality.

"I am not letting you go back to California without me." She said, heading straight to the closet and started to pack.

"You don't have to do this..." 

"Yes I do." 

It was 5 AM and Angela and I were packing and heading to the airport. We said goodbye to the boys, but Luke was no where to be found. It didn't really bother me. Besides, he was the last person I wanted to see. 

AN: This fanfic is finally coming to an end. I know all of you have probably been waiting and I apologize for the lags. Thanks for continuing to read, even if I've been super irresponsible.