Chapter Twenty five

"Where are you taking me?!" I screamed.
"Jasmine! Maggie!" I heard Glenn yell, I tried to look in his direction but I was blindfolded.
"It's gonna be alright!" Maggie tried to reassure me.
I could tell that I was being takes to a different part as their voices were farther away but together. I didn't resist because I knew that I'd get myself or others hurt.
"Hello, there." I heard a man greet me.
"Hi," I put on my most sarcastic voice, "I would shake your hand but I'm tied up and blindfolded."
"Merle!" The man call was followed by someone (assumedly my uncle) walking towards me, "Untie our guest!"
I felt Merle pull at the ties before they dropped to the ground. I looked up and saw a grown man. He had
"What's your name?" He asked but I stayed silent, "I know your scared bu..."
I burst out laughing, "I'm not scared, I just don't think that you deserve that information."
"Well, I'm the governor, Jasmine." He introduced.
"Why ask if you already know?" I questioned.
"It's polite."
"I can understand that you're trying to keep your humanity."
"You know, you remind me of Penny." His hand stroked my face, I took a step back.
"Penny?"
"My daughter."
"Okay."
"Do you want some clean clothes, a house and warm food?"
"What's the catch?"
"No catch."
"Then let us go."
"Can't do that..."
"Why?"
"Penny needs a friend."
With that, he suddenly lunged at me. He grabbed my arms, holding them behind my back before moving me towards a door. He pulled a key out and unlocked the door. He locked his daughter in a bedroom? I looked to my right and saw fish tanks filled with walker heads. I went to scream but he cover my mouth. A little girl came running out, ran straight into a gate.
"It's okay, Penny. I've got you a friend!" He told her.
He unlocked the gate and threw me in. He immediately locked the gate before I could do anything. I pulled the bag off of her head and saw that she was a walker. I started screaming.
"She's a walker!" I yelled.
"NO!" He screamed, frightening me, "She's my little girl..."
I went into the furthest corner and sat on the floor. She couldn't get to me. I wrapped my arms around my legs and started screaming into my knees.
"Please..." I begged.
"Shh, Penny." He said before closing the door, leaving us alone.

He opened the gate but I was too scared to move. He started playing some music and calling Penny's name. She ran out to him but he was just out of her reach. I covered my ears and started crying.

Sliding across the floor was a plate with some sandwiches on it. He then slammed the gate shut before turning off the music and leaving. He truly was mad. And it scared me.

I heard the door burst open. I looked and saw a woman. I didn't move because I didn't know who she was. She opened the gate and Penny started walking to her. She must of thought that Penny was alive because she unchained her. When she pulled off her bag she saw what she really was. As she was about to kill her the Governor stopped the woman. I waited to see what happened because I didn't want to be hit in the crossfire. The woman finally ended Penny's life. The Governor lunged at her and they started fighting. I quickly ran past them and out of the door. I ran as fast as I could before I started sneaking around.

I kept my head down as I ran down the corridor, I didn't want anyone to notice me. On the streets was a different story. They were filled with smoke so I could easily get away. I was hidden from view as I made my way down the street. The woman from before walked up to me.
"Where are you going?" She asked.
"Back home. I was kept prisoner here. Thanks for saving me." I told her.
"Home? You with the prison group?" She questioned.
"How'd you know?" I wondered.
"I came here with them."
"I'll tell them what you did for me. They'll appreciate it."

I followed her to the other side of the wall and not long after, I was the group.
"Where the hell was you?" Rick asked her.
I came out of the shadows and as soon as Maggie saw me, she pulled my into a hug.
"She saved me." I told them, clearing her name.
"You was there as well?" Rick asked.
"Thanks for caring about me!" I sarcastically stated, "I was with Glenn and Maggie when Merle attacked but I was separated."
"From the looks of you, you had it easy." Maggie muttered.
"Easy?" I questioned, "That crazy man kept calling me Penny. Kept me locked in a cage with a walker. In the room were fishtanks full of heads. I was scared. Is my dad at the prison?"
No one answered for a little while, no one looked me in the eye, "I'm sorry but..." Rick started.
I quickly grabbed a gun from Rick and made my way back into Woodbury.
"Jasmine!" Maggie called.
I went back because I could hear the desperation in her voice. She pulled me to the side and tried to get herself together.
"What?" I asked.
"I need to ask you for a favour." She told me before carrying on, "Will you look after Glenn? He's seriously hurt and I know that my dad taught you some stuff. There's supplies in the car."
"Okay." I informed her.

We were sitting by the side of the road, waiting. I went to go play with my hair but I forgot that I had cut most of it off.

Searching through the car, I found two hair bands so I quickly tied my hair up into two (Minnie Mouse like) buns. Glenn was sitting in the road. I had tried my best to sort him out but I only knew the basics.

I decided to stay in the car because I didn't like being in the open and inside the car I had some shelter. Suddenly, I saw Glenn and Michone running into the forest so I quickly got out and ran. I saw dad. And Merle. I got my gun and pointed it at him.
"Jasmine. Put that away." Dad told me.
"Why? So he can give me to another mad man?" I asked.
"What do you mean?" Dad questioned, "And how'd you get here?"
"Merle took me as well. He then gave me to the governor to keep me with Penny the walker." I spat.
"Put the gun down." Dad muttered.
"No!" I yelled, "You told me to always aim to kill when I was in danger. That's what I'm going to do."
I held my gun up and my finger, automatically, went around the trigger. I was ready to shot at a moments notice. Dad walked up to me and took my gun off me so I walked off to the car.
"JASMINE!" I heard dad yell so I quickly came out of the car.
"What?" I worriedly asked.
"We're leaving." He told me as he started walking towards me.
"Who's we?" I wondered.
"Me, you and Merle."
"No way."
"Jasmine. I'm your father!"
"He's the man who kidnapped me. I don't trust him."
"He's family."
"Not to me. Not anymore. Glenn, Maggie, Rick, Carl, Carol, Beth, Hershel and George, they're family."
"Fine! Stay with them."
He stormed off and I fell back into the car. Tears started pouring down my face. I couldn't believe it. Actually, I could. That's the kind of thing that he does when he's with Merle.