Chapter Twenty-Three

The next day, bright and early, I call Frank.

"What do you want so early?" He asks in a groggy voice.

"Is-is it true?" I stammer.

"Is what true?"

"About the band. Would you really break it up?" I ask. He doesn't answer, "Well?"

"Caroline, I- I have to go. I'm crazy tired. I'll talk to you later." He then hangs up. Frank, you asswipe. Tired and angry, I just fall back asleep.

...

"Caroline! Come on, you have another doctors appointment today!" Mikey yells up the stairs. It's been two months since the first appointment, and the last time I saw Frank and Amy, so I had to go again to make sure the pills are working.

I roll out of bed and get dressed in a Bring Me the Horizon tee shirt, ripped grey jeans, and a black Get Scared hoodie, with my black high top converse.

*At the doctors office*

"Ok, please step on the scale." a nurse tells me. This is my least favorite part. I get to see how fat I've gotten.

A few seconds after stepping on, the electric scale reads 125.

"This is wonderful news! You're very close to average weight!" the overly enthusiastic woman says. I give her a slight smile before heading to the actual doctors office.

He asks me a few personal questions, including the very awkward, "Are you sexually active?" of which I had to answer no. I've decided to take it slow with Bob, and not rush like I did with Frank. I felt awkward answering in front of Claire and Mikey, especially since Bob had decided to come with us.

After leaving the office, we decide to go to Wegmans to get some groceries (If you don't know what Wegmans is, I'm so sorry. Its a grocery store, but its really nice, and kinda classy. Its not as expensive as it seems, its a really cool place, if you enjoy grocery shopping.)

I walk into the store with my friends, and I'm greeted with the smell of fresh baked cookies. Probably from the bakery. We walk straight towards to source of the scent after grabbing a cart, and add some cookies to our load, after a lot of persuasion on my part. Next, we head to the bread, then the milk, and then the frozen foods, absent-mindedly throwing food items into the cart.

"Claire. We need Poptarts." I alert my friend.

"But they're really bad for you!" She whines back.

"But I want them!" I whine. We must seem like bitchy teenagers to the other shoppers.

"Fine. But you can't eat all of them. You have to share, I'm sure Anna will want some. She's moving in across the street." Little does she know I'm going to eat all of them before Anna even comes over.

"Oh hell nah bitch, she can get her own poptarts, I meant share them with me," Claire says as if reading my mind.

I grab Bob's hand while we walk towards the check-out. He leans down to kiss my cheek, but I turn last-second so he kisses my lips. While we kiss, his beard tickles my chin, so I pull away giggling.

"You beard is tickling me!" I laugh. He smiles mischievously and leans forward, kissing me again while purposefully rubbing his chin on me.

"How about now?"

"Bob, stop it you weirdo!" I giggle. He smiles again, and we continue walking until I bump into someone. I look up to see Frank.

"Oh, hi Caroline."

"Hi Frank." I say extremely awkwardly.

"What are you guys doing?"

"We were just at the doctors, and now we're buying groceries."

"Oh. What did the doctors say?"

"Well, the anti-depressants seem to be working, and I'm almost at an average weight."

"That's great." he says while smiling genuinely.

"Yep," I say, smiling back.

"Do you want to come over for dinner sometime this week? Amy feels really bad for what happened." I feel Bob's grip on my hand tighten.

"Umm, sure Frank. I'm free tomorrow."

"That's great, I'll see you then."

"Bye." I start to walk over to Mikey and Claire, but Bob pulls me into an aisle.

"Why did you say yes?" he asks with a glimmer of sadness in his eyes.

"I kinda wanted to piss Amy off again." I smile shyly. Bob laughs and ruffles my hair.

"That's my girl"