Chapter 3

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"What are you doing here?!" He retorts. I look behind him and notice all the guys are here.

"Niall, Liam is my cousin. I have a right to be here. You, however-"

"Mummy!" I heard Malory cry. The boys were looking at me, confused. "Coming, baby!" I sighed. "Liam just went to bed, is everything okay?"

"Its movie night," Zayn said. I nodded. "I can go get him, I'm sure he's still awake. You can come in," They all nod then step in as I move quickly to Malory's room.

"Shh, baby girl. Mommy's here," I said, picking up my daughter. I grabbed her blanket and wrapped it around her. I left her room and walked to Liam's.

I knocked. "Hey, Li, the guys are here. They said its movie night." I stepped back as the door opened. "I totally forgot, do you want me to ask if we can go out for a movie?"

"No, Liam. It's fine, go watch a movie with the guys. I have to get Malory back to sleep." He smiled. "Thanks, Nikki."

"No problem," I replied. I turned around and walked back into Malory's dark room. The only light that was on was a small Tinkerbell night light. Liam was kind enough to give Malory the spare room and me the guest bedroom. He helped me decorate Malory's room, so the theme is Tinkerbell.

I sat down on the big chair that was sitting next to her crib. It wasn't a rocking chair, but for some reason, it calmed her down.

"Love of mine, someday you will die. But I'll be close behind. I'll follow you into the dark," I began singing, softly. "No blinding lights, or tunnels to gates of white. Just our hands clasped so tight. Waiting for the hint of a spark."

Before I could get to the chorus, she was asleep. I smiled at her. She looked like me in some ways, but more like Niall in other, more noticeable ways. She has dark blonde hair, like mine, but has Niall's crystal blue eyes. Her face in general looks like Niall's, except for the fact that she has my nose. She gets her love of music and creativity from both of us, but definetly has my attitude.

I love her so much. I still find it hard to believe she is my own flesh and blood. Maybe its because I'm still young, only nine-teen.

I looked up when I saw a figure out of the corner of my eye. It was Niall, standing by the door way, watching us.

He coughed, awkwardly. "You have a lovely singing voice," He said.

"I should say the same to you," I retorted. He half smiled at me.

"So, you're a mum now?" He asked, coming closer to me. "Y-yeah, I am." He nodded then came close enough to see the sleeping child. I was glad it was so dark in her room, otherwise he would've been able to see her face better.

"Can I hold her?" He asked. I gulped. "S-sure," I said, standing up. I gently handed her over to him. Niall smiled at her. "She's so adorable,"

"Yeah, she is." I said, smiling at the two. "So, who's the father?" He asked. I closed my eyes. "Um, I don't want to talk about it." I said, sitting down again.

"He's not in the baby's life?"

"He doesn't even know." He looked at me, wide eyed. "You've got to tell him, Nikki. No matter what happened, you have to tell him."

"But, what if he gets mad that I didn't tell him?" I ask, looking up at him. "I'm sure he'd understand," He replied. There was a moment of silence. The only sound was the small noises the baby sometimes made.

"Niall, can I tell you something?"

"Yeah, sure." He said, looking at me. I stood up and looked him in the eye.

"Niall, you are-"

"Hey, Ni, the movies starting." Harry said, peeking his head in.

"Okay," Niall looked at the baby one last time then handed her back. He turned around and began walking. He suddenly stopped then looked at me. "Hey, Nicole?"

"Yeah?"

"Have a nice night," He smiled at me. "You too, Nialler." I smiled as I said his nickname. He smiled then left.

I almost told him.

Almost.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I hope you enjoyed!

-Nikki