Sizzy: Soulmate

(I'm making Izzy bisexual because I feel like she is...)

Isabelle liked the idea when she was little.

The whole idea of soulmates, the timers that are on everyone's wrist that count down to when you will meet the person you are supposed to love and live with for the rest of your life.

She loved that when she grew up she would have someone that would always be there to hold her hands, they would know how she likes her coffee in the morning, just someone to be there when she was lonely.

Then she grew up.

• • •

She doesn't hate the idea, not exactly.

Izzy thought that since she liked it when she was little she'll probably like it again. She liked it when TV and movies were about finding your true love. It always made Izzy happy when they ended up together.

Then she was introduced to sex. She likes sex.

Again, she'll like the idea when she's older, when she wants to see the same face every morning. Waking up with a new one every few days was fun.

Isabelle is young, young and hot, she doesn't want to settle down yet. No. She still needs to learn how the strangers she meets kiss, how they will touch her. She'll be happy with her soulmate when's she's tasted enough of the men and women she sleeps with, when she wants the same person calling out her name while they orgasm.

• • •

Her brothers and think that she is crazy.

Especially when Alec meets Magnus. He doesn't understand why Izzy wouldn't want her own Magnus. She liked Magnus, a lot actually. He was good for her brother, he has brought Alec out of his shell, he smiles more too.

When Alec had walked into Isabelle's apartment and said "I met my soulmate" they haven't talked about anything else since then.

Isabelle didn't mind talking about Magnus, not really. But she doesn't do boyfriends/girlfriends, and she definitely doesn't do soulmates.

• • •

Isabelle doesn't really check her timer, sure here and there but not as often as most people do.

The numbers were on your wrist since you were born, they started at numbers that seemed almost impossible to reach, but most people met their soulmates when they were twenty or thirty. Some people don't have any numbers, some have dead soulmates, some divorce, some cheat, some even reject their soulmate.

No one is completely sure how the timers work. They went over it in Izzy's science class one year, she didn't really pay attention.

If she even looks at the timer she starts to feel suffocated. So she spares it a glance every once in awhile.

• • •

Alec shakes his head at his little sister. "You won't feel that way when you meet them, Izzy."

Izzy scoffs. "Alec, we never thought the same way about soulmates. You were terrified, whereas I am just not excited about meeting them."

"That's because I knew my soulmate would be a man and I didn't know what to think." Alec laughs lightly. "You are scared of meeting them because of what they mean."

"Alexander, darling?" Magnus walks into the apartment. He walks over to Alec and kisses him on the lips, Alec responds eagerly.

Isabelle rolls her eyes and walks out of her brothers house. "Use protection!" She calls over her shoulder as she leaves.