Chapter 6- Good News or Bad News

All of a sudden the phone hung up. “Mike. That was Minah. I know I’m not crazy.” I said. “We can’t just jumped to the conclusion of that being Mini. It could have been any baby.” He says. “Michael trust me, a mother knows the sounds her child makes. It’s one of the side effects of having a baby. Ask my doctor.” I said. “ok. I believe you. What do you want to do?” He asked. “I want to go to the police and see if they can track the number.” I said. “But?” He asked. “But. I have a doctor’s appointment and I have Ray with me. I just want us to have the day to ourselves.” I said. “I can take you babe. Don’t worry.” He says and kissed my forehead. “I’m going to shower.” I said walking towards the bathroom. “Can I join?” He said and slapped my butt. “Nope.” I said. “Ok.” I heard him say when I went in the bathroom and turned the shower on. “Boy come on.” I stuck my head out the bathroom door. He was sitting on the couch tossing a football up.  “You sure?” He asked and I got in the shower.

Next Morning

“Good morning Auntie.” Ray said coming downstairs with Mike. “Morning. You ready to eat?” I asked. “Yes.” She said. I swear her mother taught her manners very well. “Ok. I made blueberry pancakes, eggs, sausage, and bacon.” I said. I had a craving for apple cinnamon pancakes some I made me some. I didn’t tell Ray about them because she’s allergic to cinnamon. “Some body’s glowing.” Mike whispered in my ear wrapping his arms around me, rubbing my belly and I giggled. “Good Morning.” I said turning around and getting on a toes to kiss him. “Eww.” I heard and pulled away and started laughing. “Sorry. Go sit to the table.” I said to the two of them.

“So after I do some errands, what do you want to do?” I asked Rayven cleaning the table. “Umm. Can we get in the pool?” She asked. “Yes we can. Is that it?” I asked. “I don’t know. What do you want to do Uncle Mike?” She asked him. “It doesn’t matter. Whatever you want.” He says and she looked up at the ceiling and started thinking. “Hmm.” She says. “Can we go skating?” She says and Mike looks at me. “I’m sorry we can’t remember Amir’s knee?” Mike says. “No. It’s ok.” I said. “You sure?” Mike said. “Yeah. I’ll just sit at the table and watch you two.” I said and smiled. “Ok.” He says. “Ray go get ready.” I said and she did as she was told. “I’m going to go to the police station alone.” I say. “What? No.” Mike says. “Yes. I don’t want to take Rayven in that type of environment.” I said rinsing the dishes to put in the dishwasher. “Well how about we drop you off, and you call when you’re ready.” He says. “Why you always wanna drop me off somewhere?” I asked rolling my eyes. “I just want to make sure that you’re safe.” He says. “Whatever.” I rolled my eyes again. “So you’re mad at me now?” He asks. “No.” I said. “You sure?” He asked. “Yes. Why you keep asking me if I’m sure? If I said it then I must be sure!” I yelled. “Ok. I’m sorry.” He said and I felt myself heat up so I tried to calm down. “Don’t be. Damn I wish I wasn’t pregnant.” I said. “Why?” He asked. “Because I’m here yelling at you for no reason.” I said and he pulled me in and hugged me. “It’s ok. Don’t worry about.” He said then kissed me. “Go help your niece get ready.” I said. “Yes ma’am.” He said and saluted me then kissed me and I laughed.

“Ok. How’s your knee?” My doctor asked me walking in looking at his clipboard. “It’s fine.” I said. “Have you been feeling any pains?” He asked me. “With my knee? No.” I said. “The baby starting kicking already?” He asked me raising his eyebrow. “You don’t even know Dr. Mitchell.” I said and he let out a small laugh and Mike just looked at me. “Well I wanted to get an x-ray on your knee. It’s that okay with you?” He asked me and I looked at Mike. “What do you think?” I asked Mike. “Will it harm the baby?” Mike asked Dr. Mitchell. “No. Not at all.” He said. “Ok.” Mike said. “Well, let me go set up.” Dr. M. said and gave a small smile before living the 3 of us alone. “What’s going to happen?” Ray asked. “There just going to scan my knee and see how much better it got.” I told her. “Are you scared?” She asked. “No.” I said. “Not even a little bit?” She asked. “Nope.”