Chapter 21- Back to School

Saturday

Michael POV

"Pick a dress out for me." Amir whined. "The dresses you've been trying on have been good Pooh." I shook my head. She had me going around with her since when woke up this morning. "But are they good enough for your reunion though? I want them to know you married a good one." She says looking at more dresses. "I did marry a good one. I don't care if anyone else doesn't think that. Trust me baby, you have nothing or no one to impress." I wrapped myself around her bump. "Yes I do though, you know how many possible females that could've wanted you or had you? Ugh! I need to find something." She walked out my arms going on the next aisle. "Amir." I groaned. "What?" "I'm serious. You don't need to impress anyone. Let them hate if anything on your beauty and this sexy ass baby bump, instead of what you're wearing." I turned her around bending down pecking her lips, then filling on my unborn. "Stop." She giggled. "I'm pretty sure your ex's are prettier than me." She says. What is with this woman? "So?" I decided to mess with her only for her to slap my chest.

"What?" I chuckled. "You my friend is a jerk." She stuck her tongue out and I called it with my lips. "Move. So disgusting." She giggled and went to look more.

"You love it though." I slapped her butt. "Don't start nothing you can't finish lil boy." "Lil? It ain't nothing lil about me." Her eyes went from mine to my pants. "That's debatable." I cut my eyes at her. "You wanna make that decision. It's a huge bathroom over there." I nodded to the sign that read restrooms, which made her eyes grow. "Baby I'm just kidding." I shook my head.

The Reunion

"Mikey! It's been so long. I've miss you." Renee practically threw herself on me and it was hard trying to get her and keep her off of me. "Yes it's been long. Have I introduced you to my wife?" I tried to make her leave. She looked at Mir, rolled her eyes, then turned her attention back to me. "Anyways, here's my number. I hope we can catch up." She tucked her number in my suit jacket pocket with a wink and walked away. I shook my head taking it out, ripping it up, and throwing it away.

"Baby I'm sorry." I apologized. "I'm fine. Trust me, I already prepared myself for everything. Daddy always said, prepare for the worst, hope for the best. And I hope I can keep my pregnant ass quiet." We laughed. "Come on, I see some old friends." I grabbed her hand the guided us.

Back to Work

Amir POV

"Hello." I said as the bell rung and I walked in my class. "Mrs. Wallace? Mikey Mike done tied the knot and made you his. I wanted some of that." Oh God No! I said to myself when I heard that voice. Some students laughed as I shook my head going to my desk. "Omar, I have you again this year? First period too. I'm not going to be dealing with you lil boy." I warned. "Yeah yeah. It's like last year. Pregnant all over again. And you dyed your hair. It got wanting you more." He says. Damn I tried this morning not to look soo pregnant. "Don't make me have to call yo momma." "And the ghettoness starts." He goes. "I can't stand you." I mumbled in a joking way.

After the class settled down, I started handing out my syllabus. This year I taught Trig for 1st and 3rd period, Pre-Cal 2nd and 4th, and Algebra 2 5th period. I'm happier with my schedule this year more than last year because last year I didn't have a 5th or 7th; but this year I don't have a 6th or 7th. This means more time for other things like grading and I won't have a lot of work when I get home. I'm also glad that ALL my classes are honors this year. Lord knows I couldn't take regular last year.

"Hey girl, how have your summer been? We kinda lost touch." I asked Shelly. I'm pretty sure you're all familiar with the popular phrase, 'Keep you friends close and your enemies closer', well I know I've place Shelly and Jasmine in the wrong categories. So until I get my child back, I'ma act like nothing happen, like everything's ok, like we're the best of friends. But I'ma get them, and they O.E.N.O. "I know. I went on some vaca's with my man. Girl we had so much fun!!" She says. The four of us -Shelly, Jas, Neiya, and myself- sat in the teacher lounge during our lunch.