Chapter 9-I Promise

Amir POV

“Baby, why do you like the girls you hang out with?” Mike asked me. “We all work together. And I guess they cool people to be with.” I told him driving home. “You guess?” he asked. “Yeah why?” I asked quickly glancing at him. “It’s just. Something’s not up with them. I don’t think they’re your friends.” He says. “Oh yeah? And what makes you think that?” I asked. “Well I mean did you not kinda of catch the whole thing with Jas. Or is it just a coincidence?” He asked. “Catch what? Mike what are you talking about?” I asked him. “Ok.” He shuffled in his seat to face me and I sighed. “She got in a car accident the same date as you. You both were at the same hospital, and you didn’t know.” He says. “So what are you trying to say?” I asked him. “I’m saying you need to watch your back.” He says. Watch my back? I don’t think so.

“I’ma just grab my other shoes then we can go.” I told him getting out of the car. I needed to change my shoes so that my feet would feel more comfortable. He said ok and went to the driver’s seat.

Walking up to the front door, I saw a blank sheet of paper with the words ‘FUCK YOU dats y she missing’. I took it down and flipped it over. “Aminah.” I said. The words on top of my baby’s baby picture said ‘Yo Momma’ with a line thru her face. Right then and there I broke down in tears. How can my mother, MY mother do something like this? How can she say something like this? “Mir, what the hell is taking you so long to open the door?” Mike was now standing behind me. Without turning around, I gave him the picture. “Fuck you, dats y she missing.” He read. “What the hell is this?” He asked. “Flip it over.” I told him and I guess he did. “Fuck this shit.” He says. He walked passed , me going into the house and up the stairs.

He came back down with my shoes. How did he know which ones I wanted? I don’t know. “Let’s go.” He says locking the door walking pass me. “Where?” I asked. I doubt it was to the movies where we were supposed to be going. “I said let’s go Pooh.” He says. “Michael.” I more so whined and he stopped and turned around to face me. “Yes.” “Can you at least pick me up?” I asked nicely and he picked me up sucking his teeth. “Don’t be sucking yo teeth. Acting as if though this is a problem.” I smiled as he carried me to the passage side of his car. “Are you going to go get my keys out of my car since we must go in yours?” I asked. He had the nerve to forget about my car keys. “Thank you Pookie.” I said when he pressed the start button. “Whatever.” He said and whipped the car out, speeding. “Damn Michael slow down. Giving me and this baby whip-lash.” I screamed. “Sorry.” What the hell is this man up to? “I can’t even change shoes.” “Give me.” He said stopping in the middle of… I don’t know it’s all covered by trees making it seem dark. I gave him my left foot and while I was working on taking my right sandal off, he took the left one off. I was handling him a sock while he starts massaging my foot. I should have known. “Stop it.” I told him trying to take my foot from him. “No. You come here.” He says and starts pulling on me. “What?” I asked and he slid his seat back as far as it can go. “Come over here.” He says. “You really think I’m about to have sex with you right now?” I asked him. “Now I know you want some of daddy cause I ain’t even say nothing about having sex.” He says and I started blushing. “Look at you turning red.” He says. “Shut up.” “Come here.” He said and I went over the stick shift and straddled him. “Yes?” I asked wrapping my arms around his neck. “Just lay.” He says pressing the button so that the seat can lean back. It’s kinda of scary how he would change and put up fronts like his temper wasn’t just sky high. But, what the hell?

“What’s going on?” I asked him as I laid on his chest. “I just need to calm down before we go talk to your mother.” I told me. “I can’t believe she would do such a thing.” I said. “Baby just relax ok? Relax for me and our baby.” He placed his hands on my face making me look at him. “Ok?” He asked and I nodded my head then placed it back on his chest. “My feet hurt.” I told him. “You want me to massage them?” He whispered. I nodded my head and went back to the passenger side. I move the seat so I could lay on my side as he massaged my feet. I started rubbing my stomach while he massaged my feet, trying not to moan in the process.