Chapter 8- Flashback

Lyrical (Mama Wallace) POV

I watched my babies make up. They reminded me of Oscar and I. “Mama come here.” Michael said and I walked down the 5 steps I walked up and went to stand in front of them. He pulled me into a hug and I felt the tears come. “You look just like him.” I looked at him and held his head down. He started wiping the tears that started failing as I did the same with him. “I miss him.” I told him and he pulled me back into him and placed his chin on my head. “Mama, it’s going to be alright.” He says. “Stop. He’s not coming back so nothing well be alright.” I broke down. His touch was switch with a shorter person. I looked to see Mir crying. “Don’t cry Mir.” I told her. “I can’t stop even if I wanted to.” She says rubbing her stomach causing the both of us to laugh. Mike wrapped an arm around the both of us.

Michael POV

“Baby where we going?” I asked Mir. We had left Ma house and she got in the driver’s seat. “You’ll see.” She kept her eyes on the road not looking at me.

‘Fred Louis Memorial Chapel and Cemetery’ read the sign.

“Why?” I asked her. “You need it.” She says parking the car in an opened spot. I sat in the car looking at the sign. “Get out. Now!” She says. I slowly placed my hand over the door handle and she got out the car walking over to my side. “Trust me.” She says getting on her toes to kiss me.

We walked inside the gates, holding on to Mir’s hand as she trail behind me. “I’m going to be right here.” She says sitting on the bench that was close by my Father’s and Grandfather’s grave. “Ok.” I said releasing her. My father and grandfather layed next to each other. Each lying there because of one night that I hated more thing any night in my whole life.

10 years ago

“Come on. Put it in me.” She begged. “Hell no.” I told her. “Why not? I thought you loved me.” She said still sucking. It was a party going on downstairs. I just wanted to bust a nut. “You thought wrong.” I said pushing her off me, zipping my pants up. “Baby please.” She says and I walked out. I didn’t even get to bust. “Aye man. What’s that hoe name?” Jerald asked. “Shit. Don’t ask me.” I walked downstairs.

Ma: Michael, I need you to come home right now.

Me: Why? It’s only 11.

Ma: Michael bring yo ass home NOW! I need you.

Mama really wasn’t a curser so I knew something was up. I walked out the house and got in the car I just got for my 16th party. Instead of having a big bash I gotta car. Better for me.

I walked in the house which was a mess. “Niece what happened?” She was so shaken up, she didn’t even answering me. “Mama what’s going on?” I heard her crying and ran to her. “You stop right there or we would shoot.” Says the man holding my dad, granddad, and even my mother and sister at gunpoint. “Aye man! Let my wife and kids go!” My dad yelled and he took the gun off safety. “What do you what?” I asked. “What’s in the safe.” He says nodded over to the safe in my dad’s office. “Alright you can get it.” I said walking over to Niece and Ma. “Y’all come on. Get out of here, it might get messy in here.” I whispered to them. The two men that had their guns to their heads took ‘em off and I hugged both of them before pushing them out the office. “Now open the safe.” The head man said. “Put your guns down.” I told them. He smirked but then they slowly put the guns on the floor and stood back up. “Nice. I’m glad we’re cooperating.” My turn to smirk. I gave dad the look and he nodded along with granddad. “So. The safe.” He says and I walked to the safe with him behind me. My dad had more than one safe in this office, he didn’t tell me which one he wanted stuff out of. So I’ll give him what’s in this safe.

I put the password in. ‘Yup it’s in here.’ I smiled to myself. “Alright now give it to me.” He says. “I’ll give it to you alright.” I said and grabbed my gun out of the safe. I turned around and pistol whipped him. “So that’s how we play?” He says and tried to grab his gun and so did the other 3 but the 3 of us started fighting them. Although we was outnumbered, we were still winning. Until someone was able to reached a gun.  . . . 3 bullets. I looked and saw it were the 3 other people. 3 down, 1 more to go. He came from behind me and hit me with something. It was 3 on 1 but he had the gun which I was the one trying to take it from him.  . . I turned to see the best men in the world fall to the floor with blood coming out of their chests. “Mike. Shoot him.” My dad tried to get out. I grabbed my gun . .

“Michael!” Ma had ran in and stopped when she saw all the blood from bodies. “Oscar.” She ran to him. “Niece call 911.” I told her and tossed her my phone. She fidgeted with the buttons but eventually did. I kneed down next to my granddad. No pulse. “Come on baby keep talking to me.” Ma said. “I’m trying. I really am.” He says. Granddad was shot right in the heart and dad was shot on the left side of his chest. “No O, don’t close your eyes. Keep ‘em open. Please baby don’t close your eyes. Don’t close your.” She stopped and I went by him. No pulse. She looked at me and I pulled her into my arms.

The police and ambulance had eventually came but everyone was already dead. “Come on son we need to take you to the hospital.” The lady officer says. “No.” I resisted. “You have been shot in the leg.” She said and I looked then all of a sudden all the pain came. “Baby go on. Were on our way.” Ma said. “Mama, you know I can’t let you drive like this.” I told her. “They can ride in the ambulance.” A Paramedic said.

I looked down at my leg then at the graves. “Mir.” I turned around. Empty bench. “Amir!” I yelled.  “Baby calm down, I’m right here.” I turned to my left and she was standing right next to me. “Girl don’t scare me like that.” I told her pulling her into me. “I’m sorry.” She says and I sat on the grass pulling her to sit in my lap. “They would’ve loved you.” I told her. “Pook, you tell me that every time we come here; but you never told me why.” She says and I looked down at them then at her. “Well one, because you’re not like them hoes I use to hit then quit. Naww you way better than them.” I said and she snickered. “Don’t be snickering.” I told her flicking her nose. “Can I be honest with you?” She asked me. “Always.” I replied. “Well this morning, there was more than one reason why I didn’t want you to go to work. One was because I wanted you, another was because I knew you weren’t going to be 100% percent. Although I wasn’t there that day, I know it ruined you.” She says. “I appreciate it.” I said. “I shouldn’t have done it huh?” she says sounding as if she didn’t want an answer. “I’m serious. I appreciate you for everything you do.” I told her. “Ok.” She says. I pulled her face back towards mine and kissed her. “You know people use to call us LMNO P, and say it fast like people would do when they said the alphabet.” I said. “Really? Why?” She asked. “Lyrical Michael Niece Oscar Poppa.” I said and she laughed. “So they started calling y’all that?” She asked and I answered yes. “When we be late to things, they’ll be like ‘I was wondering if LMNO P were coming.’ Or they’ll be like, ‘Well isn’t it the alphabet crew?’” I told her and she laughed and I laughed with her. “I’m good. Can we go?” I asked her. “Sure.” She says. I got up with her still being in my arms. “Oh. So you think you soo strong?” She teased. “You ain’t nothing but 4’9 I have parts at work taller and heavier than you.”  I said heading towards the car. “I am 5 even.” She argues. “Well to me, you’re 4’9” I smirked and put her down on her feet. “Nobody told you to be so damn tall.” She says. “It’s not my fault you fell in love with someone who is a whole foot taller than you.” I said leaning against the car. “Oh God. Stop exaggerating. I’m 5 even and your 5’11 and a half. Get over yourself.” She says and I shook my head. “Really?” I asked and she just got in the car.

*************************************

Just A Little Somethin' Somthing. 

Vote. Comment..