Chapter 6 "Look Alive Sunshine"

•••Chapter 6 "Look Alive, Sunshine"•••

Have you ever had a "what happened last night" moment? Like those when you attend a party late at night and get drunk? Then right after that, your memory gets all blurry and as a result you forget entirely what happened next? Well, I was feeling that way just then as I woke up in a hotel bed, except for the fact that I didn't drink any alcohol or had fun in any kind of party the night before.

I actually met my favourite celebrity in the whole wide world, or didn't I? It's unbelievable, or is there something to believe? Did it really happen or was it just some fucked up dream of that imagination of mine?

I couldn't decide because it seemed so good to be true, so what I did instead was to pretend nothing ever happened and continue with my life. If any type of weird sign telling me it was all true presented itself, I'd consider the option.

But for now I just noticed my dad and sister weren't in the room anymore, so I assumed they had gone downstairs for breakfast or somewhere else for a little walk. I stripped the blankets from the top of my body and sat in the edge of the bed just to think. I think a lot.

Some minutes after that, I unwillingly stood up from where I was seated; yeah, I didn't feel like doing something today, but I had to. I styled my dark brown hair with dark red and purple ends, wore a pair of skinny jeans (I'm not such a shorts person and besides, it isn't warm) and a My Chemical Romance merch t-shirt since today was their concert and I wanted to support them even though I was not going, I had a dilemma going on about deciding between my combat boots or black Converse, but I finally decided on the sneakers, I also applied some eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss on and my favourite set of rubber wrist bands which I wear daily. One of them read: Be yourself, don't take anyone's shit, and never let them take you alive. For those of you who don't know, that's a Gerard Way quote.

I next found myself downstairs in the breakfast hall where lots of people, and by lots of people I mean LOTS, were stacking pancakes one on top of the other on their plates, taking fruit cut into cubes from round containers, grabbing all waffles they can fit inside their stomachs, pouring gallons of orange juice to their glasses or pouring coffee; nice, warm, delicious, irresistible coffee in their mugs.

Of course, I walked towards the coffee table. Oh, forgot to mention, I LOVE coffee. It's my favourite drink and I absolutely love it's taste and consistence in my mouth and lips as I get to taste the warm liquid by the mornings. I prepared myself a coffee exactly and just they way I like it and started drinking it as I paced back and forth on the hallway just outside the breakfast hall from where chaos could be admired happening inside it.

I almost jumped at the sound of my name being called on the speakers:

"Miss Jade Evans. Please report to the front desk as soon as possible. Thank you." a soft and welcoming woman's voice announced.

What the fuck? Why would the hotel's front desk people need me out of everyone else staying here? Were they going to kick us out? I took a sip of my still warm coffee and made my way to the front desk. I had to find out.

"I'm Jade Evans. What is it that you want?" I announced myself with confidence. Was that rude? I tend to do that sometimes.

.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.

A paper. Just a paper. Well, it wasn't just a paper, it was a note, to be more precise, but you have to agree with me that it was kinda weird and nevertheless something that doesn't happen daily.

When I asked the rude-but-hope-it-wasn't question, I received a welcoming smile from the lady that had spoken in the speaker some minutes ago, how can they do that? My temper isn't exactly something to be proud of. She took a small piece of paper that was above the front desk surface right beside the computer's keyboard and in just one motion, handed it to me. "This note was left for you earlier this morning." she let me know.

I glanced at my phone's clock. It was 11:20 am.

I snatched the note from her hand. "Thanks. Who was it?" Perhaps it was my dad letting me know where he went with my sister, something important like an emergency. I had no idea.

"A guy wearing glasses. All I know." she replied helpfully and got back to work, typing on the computer keyboard. My dad does not wear glasses and I don't personally know anyone who does that lived in Pennsylvania. For God's sake! I'm from Delaware!

I placed the note inside my pocket and walked, with my mind full of thoughts, to a calmer place. There, I unfolded the note and began to read.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: Please please please do vote and comment! I love knowing from you, my readers. To me, you are one of the most valuable things I have. YOU ROCK KILLJOYS!

~F