Staying Strong

You and Niall just went public on his twitcam, and now he posted a picture on Instagram of the two of you.

You told yourself to not let the hate get to you, and you intended on keeping your promise. You didn't want to look weak, especially to the cruel haters. You wanted to stay strong for Niall.

But when you were home alone, you couldn't help but take a peak at the comments on the picture.

"Awwwwwwww you two are so cute!" "She's so pretty" "I love you Niall!!"

But then, "Ew" "ugly" and "what are you thinking" are beneath the kind remarks.

You just laugh it off. I mean, what do they know?

You suddenly hear a knock on the door.

"Come in!" you call.

The door opens. "(Y/n)!"

You feel butterflies. Niall! You set your phone on the counter and greet your boyfriend.

"Hey," you say, kissing his cheek.

"That's all I get?" He pouts.

You grin and take his hand, leading him into the living room.

"Whoa, whoa, (y/n), calm down, I just meant on the lips.."

You giggle. "Chill out, I just wanna watch a movie."

Niall slithers his arm around your waist as you plop down on the couch together.

Halfway through the movie, Niall excuses himself to use the bathroom.

"(Y/n)?" he shouts.

"Yeah? Am I out of toilet paper?"

"No.. C'mere."

You get up and walk to the bathroom, but the door is open. "Niall? Where are you?"

"In the kitchen!"

When you step into the kitchen, you see him holding up your phone.

"Why were you looking through these comments? They're just.. they're just so-"

You quickly walk to him, setting a hand on each shoulder. "Niall. I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm very sure. I don't care what they think of me."

He grins. "That's what I love about you, (y/n), you're so strong. God, I love you so much."

Your eyes meet his, and you smile. "I love you, too."