Yes

"NIALL!" I shriek, trying my best to shove him away. But his fingers keep jabbing into the sides of my stomach. "Stop it! I'm DYING!"

He suddenly stops, grinning, as he instead pulls me towards him. I sigh in relief, relaxing against his body. My head rests against his chest. We lay in silence. I close my eyes.

"(Y/n)?"

"Hm."

"Will you marry me?"

I instantly freeze. I can't breathe.

"Did you hear me?" Niall asks quietly.

I nod, unsure of what to do. I slowly turn. He grips my arm so I won't fall off the couch.

"Can you just, um, do it again?"

"Do it again?"

"Niall, were you proposing? Is this some sort of joke?"

"Of course not!" His face is torn between bewilderment and nervousness. "I just.. I didn't know how to ask you. I thought doing it like this would be easier."

I look down, noticing our outfits. Both wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts, my hair tied back, no makeup. His hair was sticking out in all directions. That look sure didn't look any good on me, but Niall could pull of anything.

My hand reaches out, running my hand through the soft, blond-brown hair. "I love you."

He smiles, suddenly sliding me over and standing up. He pulls a small black box from the drawer of the movie cabinet. He must have really been hoping to do it in here.

Niall kneels down, his sweatpants sagging as his leg nervously twitches.

"(Y/n)," he says, reaching for my hand. He laces our fingers together as I sit at the edge of the couch. I smile at him, urging him to go on as he holds the box out.

"(Y/n), I love you. I love you so, so much. I love spending time with you. I love cooking, eating, cuddling, sleeping, watching movies, everything with you. And I want to know that you'll do these things with me for the rest our lives. I want us to be together. Will you.." he gulps, "will you marry me?"

I'm speechless as he carefully takes the beautiful ring from the small box.

I manage to choke out the word he's been looking for as the ring slides on my finger, "Yes."