The First Time (version 2)

When I steal that one glance at him, I know I'm in love. Completely, head over heels in love.

I know then that I'm also ready. I'm ready for him. I trust him.

"I love you," I say softly, gripping his hand. Niall looks at me, his eyebrows furrowing, his mouth curving into a smile.

"I love you, too."

We stare at each other for a few moments, and then I take the remote in my hand, clicking the 'off' button. I set it on the table, and scramble from my sitting position beside Niall on the couch.

Still looking in his eyes, I lean in and kiss him. His arms throw the blanket from his lap, and he pulls my body towards his. We continue to kiss as I lay on top of him. My hands tremble as they look for the buckle of his jeans.

Niall pulls away, taking my hands in his.

"What, you don't.. you don't want to.. make love to me?" My voice cracks.

"No, no. It's not me." He smiles a little as his fingers tuck loose hair behind my ears. "Are you ready?"

"Yes. More than ever. I want you," I whisper the last part. I look down. "I'm in love with you.."

Niall tilts my chin up with his finger, grinning. "I am in love with you, (y/n)... But are you sure?"

I nod, and immediately press my lips to his. And when I fumble with his zipper, he instead helps me pull it down.