Chapter XIX

My hands ravel into Liam's hair, my body shuddering as his tongue swipes over my bottom lip. Around us, people our dancing, music is thumping but all I can pay attention to, and feel, are his lips on mine. A heavy sigh escapes my lips, as if my body is relieved. I feel the weight of his hands fall from my hips, sliding to my ass. He pulls me closer to him, as if it is actually possible. I gasp when his mouth moves to my neck, biting at the sensitive skin as my head rolls back, eyes closing. There is nothing slow, or romantic but rather hungry and greedy. The urgency between us is electrifying, making my knees go weak.

I can't believe this is actually happening.

I turn my head towards his, needing him to kiss me and distract me from the fictitious reality to this. It only becomes real when his lips touch mine again. Leaving a wake of rough, and claiming kisses. I groan when he bites my bottom lip, pulling away and leaning his forehead against mine. I try to catch my breath as his fans across my face- warm, quick and flustered breaths that render me speechless.

"That was long overdue." He exhales, his eyes boring into mine. My breath hitches in my throat, as I try to determine if this is real or not. It has to be a dream of some sort.

"It was?" I gulp, still trying to get a grasp on normalcy.

"Most definitely." He smiles and bites his lip. I think about me being the one biting it, my eyes closing as I imagine kissing him whenever I wanted. Imagine doing anything I want with him whenever I want to.

•••

"Can I get a grande black roast coffee, two sugar packets and. . . nonfat milk?" I guess on the last part hoping it is right. I can't remember specifically what kind of milk, but nonfat sounds right. The barista nods, writing down the order onto the paper cup.

"What's your name?" He asks, looking at me expectantly.

"Uh, that will be Liam." I tell him, still distracted that I can't remember the exact order. It'll bother me the whole way to work, and until Liam confirms it himself that it is correct.

"Anything else?" The guy whose apron has "Reed" stitched into it, asks. I bite my lip, trying to decide what sounds good on the menu. I never go to Starbucks, it's always been too expensive for my taste. Now I suppose I'll have to like it. Especially since I will need coffee if I plan on getting through today. Last night had way too much drinking and bad decisions for me to not drink something with caffeine. I shudder as I remember Liam's lips on mine, his hands roaming my body and the way his mocha colored eyes lit up in the lights of the club.

Mocha...

"Yeah, I'll have a White Mocha as well." I tell Reed, confirming that it will be the last thing I order. He jots down onto another paper cup before passing it onto another barista who will be making it. He ringsit up and Inpull out the credit card that Liam gave me yesterday, assuming I can use it for this. If not, I'll hear about it later. I figure at this point, what do I really have to lose? My dignity is already gone, and, thanks to last night so is any chance of me having a normal relationship with my boss.

When Reed hands me my card back I tuck it back into my wallet and step aside somthe next person can order. A barista yells a name and I the owner rushes up to the counter to claim their drink. I look around the modern coffee house and acknowledge how many people are here. Many people sit at tables, sipping coffee and taking advantage if the free wifi with theIr laptops.  A few are talking and frowning, not entirely enthralled by the conversation they are having. I stumble forward when a man in a business suit shoves into my shoulder, trying to get the coffee order that was just called. I frown, watching the  crowded place amd it's clients who all seem to be in a real rush. I hope it's not going to be like this everyday. I check  my watch hoping this won't take much longer. It's quarter to seven and Payne Industries is just across the street. I'm giddy, excited that I will actually be on time for work for once.