Chapter XXXI

"You came back?" I question Alex as his lips leave a trail of light kisses on my jaw. He moans in response as his mouth finds my neck, his teeth biting at my skin. My mouth falls open as goose bumps cover my skin. His hands grip my hips and my hands find his sandy blonde hair as I pull on it.

"I figure. . ." he says between moving from one spot of my neck to the next, "someone has to help you get out of this dress." he jokes at my earlier comment and I can't help but laugh at it. "So what do you say?" he asks as his hand finds the zipper on the back of my dress. I don't even get a chance to answer before it is already half down my back, the cool air of my apartment enveloping my skin with goose flesh. In a moment of confidence I push my dress down my body and let it hit the floor in a pool at my feet, watching Alex watch me.

I don't want to think about the consequences of hooking up with him. I don't want to think about the potential that things could be weird after this. The awkward run-ins in the hallway at work or the sharing of nervous glances across the table in meetings. The only thing I want to focus on is this moment and as long as he is okay with that, then so am I.

His fingers trail across my collar bone and my breath catches in my throat. The subtle gesture was small, but something about it was so powerful. I don't know if it is the way his eyes haven't left my body or the way he unconsciously pulled his bottom lip between his teeth while in deep thought. I wish I knew what took him away from the current time and drug him into his own mind.

I try to press my legs together, a dull ache has formed that I haven't felt in months and Alex seems to want to take his good old time. Only problem is I may not be patient enough to wait for him. "Come on." I say as I grab his hand, pulling him with me to go to my bedroom. I relish the warmth of his hands in my own, it feels like it's been forever since someone's hand was intertwined with mine. It's been forever since I've been intimate with someone, and it's been forever since I've been in a real relationship. Sebastian is the last man I've been with, both in a relationship and sexually. I was with him for a few years, and we were friends before for the longest time. I don't necessarily see myself having a relationship with Alex, but is it still wrong to be jumping right into this?

"You're beautiful, Sarah." he sighs from behind me. I turn and flash him a smile, his eyes shine like an emerald, a breathtaking color. Every question in my head disappears. I want to do this. I genuinely want to do this. There is no alcohol in my system to blur my true intentions, no alcohol that will make me question what I am doing. Just strictly, my own conscience and Alex behind me ready to do whatever I want with him. A relationship that can be strictly pleasure from the beginning.

I shove my door open and drop Alex's hand, heading for my bed and sit down. I cross my legs, observing him as his grey tie is loosened from his neck. He shrugs off his suit jacket, and drops it to the floor. I bask in his presence, relishing the fact that he is here to be with me and abandoned his other plans. My mind wanders to the things he said he needed to do. I shouldn't worry about it, but I can't help wondering what it was? Everything leaves my mind when he leans down and kisses me. His hands snake around my back, unsnapping my bra and blindly takes it off of my body.

...

I pull my duvet further up my naked body, it doesn't move far as it gets stuck under the arm Alex has laying on top of it. My eyes glance over to his bare body, his tan skin stretched over the muscles in his back. Even in the dark I can see the faint red lines from my nails that I left on him. I smile at the memory, but only for a moment. Something in the back of my mind is bothering me, and I can't put my finger on it.

Alex has been asleep for at least an hour. My eyes have gone from watching him take shallow breaths in his sleep, to staring at the dark ceiling above me. The heat radiating from him next to me is comforting and I couldn't be in a more blissful state. However, something isn't right.

With a sleepless night ahead of me, all I can think about was how Alex said that tomorrow was going to beinteresting, and now I couldn't agree more.

A/N: Hey so this is super short but this chapter is literally the reason I haven't updated for like, three weeks now and I'm sorry. This is also super short so by the time you finish this chapter I want you to know that I am already working on the next one and I will be finished with it today and updating later today. I'm so sorry it's taken so long I feel really awful..

I want you to know that I did enter this story in the 1D watty awards. To vote just go to @1DWattyAwards and go into their book labelled Spring 2016, Desolation is in part 42 and it would be super awesome if you guys could go vote for it. One vote on the chapter is equal to one vote, and then one comment is equal to two votes, if you could go do that I would love you forever!!

Anyway, thank you for your patience and I will talk to you within the next few hours :)

-Rachel Xx